Where are the Manuals?

TrollingHard82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R #572, Mazda Cx 9, Yamaha Raider
I originally started looking at civics when I decided to trade my truck in. During my initial search for a 2016 manual coupe that turned up nothing....I found out the hatch was on the way. I've held out all this time so far and now that dealerships are starting to get information about what cars they are getting, all I've heard is, no manuals. Seriously!? For the manual option to be a major part of the announcement for the hatchs and other 2017s, I honestly cant believe this. Altoona honda in Pennsylvania had no answers for me about the manual, but they did say they had 3 automatic hatchs on the way. I called dubois honda in Pennsylvania and they told me Honda was allocating 3 automatics to all dealerships and that he didn't know a thing about the manuals, except that there were none on order in the system for the whole state. Can anyone tell me where the manuals are?
Sponsored

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
It's because, honestly, in this day and age, 95% of people want some form of an automatic, myself included. Shifting is cool if your racing, but for driving around town, it's just a nuisance. TETO

OP
OP
TrollingHard82

TrollingHard82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have my heart set on a sport hatchback manual. Any ideas on how to track one down or find out where they are being released?

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have my heart set on a sport hatchback manual. Any ideas on how to track one down or find out where they are being released?
Check out your local dealer, see if they can order one for you. They'll be out in the next month or two.

OP
OP
TrollingHard82

TrollingHard82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My local dealers say they can't choose what they get...that Honda just allots them cars. How is it possible that they've offered a manual for sale and yet it seems so hard to buy? Where do you think it would get me if I just called Honda directly and asked them?

GaryBusey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My local dealers say they can't choose what they get...that Honda just allots them cars. How is it possible that they've offered a manual for sale and yet it seems so hard to buy? Where do you think it would get me if I just called Honda directly and asked them?
That's kind of true, but from what my dealer told me they can trade stock with other dealers. I wanted a manual so my local dealer found another one that was to be allocated to a different dealer when it was built. They ended up trading cars and two months later when it was built it was shipped to my local. Easy, but you may have to wait a bit.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Maybe the manuals are so rare and in demand now that there's none left. My dealer was able to get me an MT coupe from another dealer in two days, but that was back in May. And they had to get it from a hundred miles away. I think Honda underestimated the demand for the mt. Especially since the only automatic is a CVT. If it was a good 5 speed automatic there might not be as much demand for the mt. I've seen a number of video reviews on youtube of at least 5 or 6 2016 cars, like the new Maxima, in which the reviewer concludes with something like" this is an excellent car in every way except the trans. It only comes with a CVT. If not for that,we would have rated it 5 stars instead of 4".

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Maybe the manuals are so rare and in demand now that there's none left. My dealer was able to get me an MT coupe from another dealer in two days, but that was back in May. And they had to get it from a hundred miles away. I think Honda underestimated the demand for the mt. Especially since the only automatic is a CVT. If it was a good 5 speed automatic there might not be as much demand for the mt. I've seen a number of video reviews on youtube of at least 5 or 6 2016 cars, like the new Maxima, in which the reviewer concludes with something like" this is an excellent car in every way except the trans. It only comes with a CVT. If not for that,we would have rated it 5 stars instead of 4".
Before you go for a MT, check out the overall drive ratios. The high gears are nowhere near tall enough, especially 6th.

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
It's because, honestly, in this day and age, 95% of people want some form of an automatic, myself included, so most dealers don't even bother with MT cars. Shifting is cool if your racing, but for driving around town, it's just a nuisance. TETO
+1 ( you're )

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Before you go for a MT, check out the overall drive ratios. The high gears are nowhere near tall enough, especially 6th.
The CVT goes way higher. When you're cruising, you'd probably want the engine RPMs to be below 2K or there'bout. Not going to happen in 6th with the MT.

comptonx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Country flag
I think Honda underestimated the demand for the mt. Especially since the only automatic is a CVT. If it was a good 5 speed automatic there might not be as much demand for the mt. .
Have to agree at least from my POV. CVT may be great with MPG but I would prefer traditional auto or MT. Since CVT is only choice I am looking at MT EX-T if they ever arrive.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
+1 ( you're )
The CVT goes way higher. When you're cruising, you'd probably want the engine RPMs to be below 2K or there'bout. Not going to happen in 6th with the MT.
Have to agree at least from my POV. CVT may be great with MPG but I would prefer traditional auto or MT. Since CVT is only choice I am looking at MT EX-T if they ever arrive.
Wow...sorry....with all of those acronyms that last post looks like a government memo.
The "+Quote" and "Edit" buttons are your friends ;)

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Well, just for the record, following are turns of the engine for each turn of the wheels :
MT CVT
1 14.95 11.82
2 8.54
3 5.59
4 4.30
5 3.41
6 2.82 1.91
Sponsored