Where Are The EQ Settings 2016 Civic EX-T

princemanfred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I just purchased a new Civic EX-T and absolutely cannot find any equalizer settings for the audio. Are there really just no settings or am I just not seeing them? Thanks for any help!
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can find also find this in the manual on Pg. 245:

1. Select "Home"
2. Select Audio
3. Select "Menu"
4. Select Sound

Select a tab from the following choices:
• BAS-MID-TRE: Bass, Middle, Treble
• FAD-BAL-SUBW: Fader, Balance, Subwoofer
• SVC∙Neural: Speed Volume Compensation, DTS Neural Surround

Hope that helps.

OP
OP

princemanfred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Thank you! That got me close enough. It turns out you can't get to that menu when Android Auto is the active audio source. If I switch to FM I can change it and then go back to Android Auto.

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know what DTS Neural means? Is that some sort of wide array speaker system?

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Does anyone know what DTS Neural means? Is that some sort of wide array speaker system?
It's an algorithm that extracts center and surround information from stereo music. That is, any sound that's present in both the left and right channel equally should sound like it's coming from the center of the dash, so the algorithm can remove that from the left and right speaker and play it through the center speaker in the car instead to give a more centered sound for both front seat passengers. It also does some wizardry for figuring out what sounds should be played from the rear speakers to create a better sense of ambience/rear fill.

Supposedly it's a good algorithm, but I don't think Honda implemented it very well in our car. There's a new DSP coming out from AudioFrog that is reported to be very good that uses DTS Neural, but to me the implementation of the algorithm in the Civic makes the center image worse, not better.

Even with DTS Neural off, there's still some sound that comes from the center channel, so I am not sure how they are doing that (i.e. what algorithm) but to me it seems to be better than with DTS Neural on.

But try it both ways to see if you like it. On the main screen there's a small "DTS Neural" logo near the top right and you can actually touch it to enable/disable it. It'll be blue when it's off and white when it's on, I think (maybe backwards).

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
DTS Neural works extremely well with music that emphasize highs more than lows. Go play Symphony Hall on Channel 76 and you'll know what I mean.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
DTS Neural works extremely well with music that emphasize highs more than lows. Go play Symphony Hall on Channel 76 and you'll know what I mean.
That's an interesting point. For a while I was running my new speakers off the factory amp, and I found that I liked DTS Neural better than I had with the factory speakers. One key difference: the factory center is a 3" mid, while my setup is a 4" mid and a 1" tweeter in the center. Much better reproduction of highs with the dedicated tweeter, so dovetailing in with what you said about the highs, that might explain why I thought it sounded better that way.