When to expect information on 2020 Type R?

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
how the Civic 2020 facelift will look
Greetings, and welcome.

I mentioned this in the above post, it is very speculative to assume that Honda will "face lift" a mid-generation specialty car. The same "face lift" spied photos were apparent in 2018 before the 2019 models were released:

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/07/16/honda-civic-type-r-refresh-spy-photos/
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...fers-from-white-painted-prototype-127128.html
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/07/honda-civic-type-r-facelift-spied-new-bumpers-smaller-rear-wing/

The 2019 had no changes to the design despite these rumors. Exterior, aesthetically-speaking, it would be unusual to change the look of the car when they have already produce ~30,000 CTRs the same exact way (again, from the exterior). So, my two cents, the car you are getting in November will likely be identical to the 2017, 2018 and 2019 models (exterior wise). The only known likely change on the 2020 will be a yellow color offering. Either way, when you get the car, you will love it.
Sponsored

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Plus 2020 (Her name is V)
Country flag
Greetings, and welcome.

I mentioned this in the above post, it is very speculative to assume that Honda will "face lift" a mid-generation specialty car. The same "face lift" spied photos were apparent in 2018 before the 2019 models were released:

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/07/16/honda-civic-type-r-refresh-spy-photos/
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...fers-from-white-painted-prototype-127128.html
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/07/honda-civic-type-r-facelift-spied-new-bumpers-smaller-rear-wing/

The 2019 had no changes to the design despite these rumors. Exterior, aesthetically-speaking, it would be unusual to change the look of the car when they have already produce ~30,000 CTRs the same exact way (again, from the exterior). So, my two cents, the car you are getting in November will likely be identical to the 2017, 2018 and 2019 models (exterior wise). The only known likely change on the 2020 will be a yellow color offering. Either way, when you get the car, you will love it.
Well that's interesting, because the salesman who sold me the car told me that there will be a facelift front and rear bumper, some changes in the seats and changes to the center console. That's why I chose to wait an additional 2 months :p

So if the car is the same as the 2017+ model, the Honda salesman will wake up with a horse head in bed (joke).

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Well that's interesting, because the salesman who sold me the car told me that there will be a facelift front and rear bumper, some changes in the seats and changes to the center console. That's why I chose to wait an additional 2 months :p

So if the car is the same as the 2017+ model, the Honda salesman will wake up with a horse head in bed (joke).
or a banana in his tailpipe :)

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag

I knew what vin and color my car was before the dealer did. Sales men are just employees like any other business. I would ask myself how does he know this when the collective power of the internet cant find any of these details? Salesmen dont have any inside info more then we do.

Last edited:

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
or a banana in his tailpipe :)
I'd need two, because he has the same sport plus one I bought and I'm just not ready for that commitement :p Two bannanas is a lot :p

PS. I actually test drove his personal one so I'm really hopefull he wasn't outright lying to me...

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I knew what vin and color my car was before the dealer did. Sales men are just employees like any other business. I would ask myself hie dies he know this what the collective power of the internet cant find any of these details? Salesmen dont gave any inside info more then we do.
Yeah I'm kinda seeing that now... Still, as they say hope dies last and the 2019 model still looks great, and I cannot wait to drive it!

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
told me that there will be a facelift front and rear bumper, some changes in the seats and changes to the center console.
If you happen to chat with him again, ask him for the source of his information. It's hard to imagine Honda making such changes on conceivably the last year of a generation

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you happen to chat with him again, ask him for the source of his information. It's hard to imagine Honda making such changes on conceivably the last year of a generation
People still keep overlooking they are closing the plant. Hondas not gonna invest more money into assembly changes on a plant they are closing in 18 months. I seriously doubt we will see much of any change.

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
People still keep overlooking they are closing the plant. Hondas not gonna invest more money into assembly changes on a plant they are closing in 18 months. I seriously doubt we will see much of any change.
Yeah so I'm tempering my expectations :) But even if it's identical to the 2019 model i still can't wait to drive it again. Just the thought of going from an old (but still beautiful modded) Peugeot 207 with ~80hp to an 182 hp beast is epic and i even started the designs for the stickers I'm gonna slap on the Civic. Going with a Cyberpunk design all around. Hell i even reserved custom plates for it :) soooo hyped.

PS. The plates are (GO <red rose city emblem> CYBER). The GO is Gorica because we have the first two characters of our city on our plates and the emblem is between the city and custom writing.

PPS. The car is also red :)

I'll ask him tomorrow he lives like 100m away from where I live and the dealership is 500m away :p

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just the thought of going from an old (but still beautiful modded) Peugeot 207 with ~80hp to an 182 hp beast is epic
Um. The type R has 306hp in US and 316hp in uk. You sure you ready lol..

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Um. The type R has 306hp in US and 316hp in uk. You sure you ready lol..
Yeah, don't worry ;) Also I'm getting the Sport Plus model don't know what that translates to in the US but I'm guessing the Sport Touring model? But i posted here because the thread was talking about 2020 models.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, don't worry ;) Also I'm getting the Sport Plus model don't know what that translates to in the US but I'm guessing the Sport Touring model? But i posted here because the thread was talking about 2020 models.
The type r is different from what you're getting sounds like you're getting the civic hatch with the 1.5t

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The type r is different from what you're getting sounds like you're getting the civic hatch with the 1.5t
That is exactly what I'm getting. I did drive the type R a couple of weeks ago, but since I drive like a grandma on regular roads I would do a dishonor to the Type R if i bought it.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ohhhh.. yeah this the type R forums. Not sure on the sport hatch.