When should 2019 Civic Sedans hit US dealerships?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring - White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Anyone have insight on when 2019 models of the Civic Sedan should start hitting dealerships -- perhaps based upon inside knowledge, or the history of recent model year updates?

Also, based upon prior years' experience, do the unsold prior year new models (2018, in this case) get kept on the dealership lots for several months? If not, do dealers sell them off as fleet vehicles etc? I know all good dogs go to heaven, so where do all good unsold 2018 models go?

Sorry if these are kinda obvious questions -- I'm doing a lot more research than I've typically done when buying a car in the past and trying to time my purchase of either a certified pre-owned 2017/18 Civic Touring Sedan or a new 2018 Civic Touring Sedan and it seems like the arrival of the 2019 models will have an impact.
Sponsored

TLAPkenn

TLAP Kenn
First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan; 2016 Honda CR-V EX; 1999 Honda CR-V EX (240k+ miles)
Country flag
Anyone have insight on when 2019 models of the Civic Sedan should start hitting dealerships -- perhaps based upon inside knowledge, or the history of recent model year updates?

Also, based upon prior years' experience, do the unsold prior year new models (2018, in this case) get kept on the dealership lots for several months? If not, do dealers sell them off as fleet vehicles etc? I know all good dogs go to heaven, so where do all good unsold 2018 models go?

Sorry if these are kinda obvious questions -- I'm doing a lot more research than I've typically done when buying a car in the past and trying to time my purchase of either a certified pre-owned 2017/18 Civic Touring Sedan or a new 2018 Civic Touring Sedan and it seems like the arrival of the 2019 models will have an impact.
Edina, yes the presence of the older year Civics on the lot will have an impact on the purchase price and your potential to leverage it at negotiations. I bought my 2016 Honda Civic EX-T in late 2016, when the 2017 Honda Civic sedans and hatchbacks were showing up on the lot.

I went in initially interested in buying the newly released 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback. However, the cost was at a premium and the dealer was not willing to budge on their new inventory of hatchbacks. When I found out that the dealer was not willing to budge on the Civic Hatch, I turned my attention to a 2017 Civic sedan. After negotiating the price down to as low as they go, I asked the rep whether he can shave of some money if I went for a 2016 model year instead. He agreed. Interestingly, he was offering me a a White 2016 Honda Civic EX-T for a lower price than the 2016 Black Honda Civic EX-T because the white one happened to be on the lot, while the black one needed to be pulled from their storage lot. At that point, I just paid the $500 premium to get the color of my choice.

mechanical42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife Prius, 2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
My local dealers in San Diego say they are on the trucks getting shipped. It depends on the dealers on how lazy they are to get the new models in. Just ask around, check their websites.

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I got a response from inquiring through a third party since my company vendor offers discounts off MSRP. The rep I am in correspondence with indicated around the 31st of this month as late as November 7th.

Honda Civic 10th gen When should 2019 Civic Sedans hit US dealerships? Untitled
Sponsored