First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok so I am new to all of this. I am looking at wheels and tires to buy in the summer because that is when I’ll be ready to buy. I have been looking at some AVID1 wheels like the AV6 and F1R wheels. I was wondering whether I should go 18x8.5 or 18x9.5? I am also installing some REV9 Coilovers in the next few weeks to a month. Is there anything to watch out for with what I want to do? Any tips?
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Ok so I am new to all of this. I am looking at wheels and tires to buy in the summer because that is when I’ll be ready to buy. I have been looking at some AVID1 wheels like the AV6 and F1R wheels. I was wondering whether I should go 18x8.5 or 18x9.5? I am also installing some REV9 Coilovers in the next few weeks to a month. Is there anything to watch out for with what I want to do? Any tips?
There are many setups that will work on this car depending on the look you are going for. But you just wanna make sure you don’t scrape when turning or hit a bump. So pay close attention to the offset of the rims as well. If this is your first time buying rims, you might want to take your car to some professionals and tell them the exact look you are going for and let them pick the rim size that will work for you.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, stick to 8.5" max and no lower than 35mm offset.

integraboi

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport, Mk4 Jetta VR6
Country flag
It's really preference. I run 9.5 with a +35 offset and have no problems with rubbing.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It's really preference. I run 9.5 with a +35 offset and have no problems with rubbing.
True. I guess for me, on balance, 9.5" is too aggressive. Weighs too much, costs more, more chance of rub under load. But again just my own preference.
Sponsored