Wheel Disaster

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
So after getting all excited for my BC Forged wheels to be delivered last week, went to a professional sports car tire place to have them put on and two issues:

1. The lug nuts that were sold to me by @Kami Speed do not work on the wheels, and worse;
  2. The wheels themselves will not clear the hub ring

How is this even possible with custom made wheels?

Question for anyone that might know - what is the OEM size of the hub ring?

Lastly, at this point to have spent $3,600 on custom wheels to not have them fit, I'd like to get a refund. I have measurements for proof of the wheel hub (car) and wheel bore showing nearly a 1mm difference. I am not okay having to send them back and get replacements NOR have the wheels machined a second time. They should have been right from the start.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Which lug nuts did you buy from Kami Speed? and the size of our hub is 64.1mm, I have Work wheels and used their 72.6mmOD—>64.1mmID hub rings, and they fit just fine.

OP
OP

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
McGard Black Chrome Lug Nuts and Locks - 14x1.5 were the lug nuts they sold me (and told me to order). Thanks for confirming the hub size and that aligns with what I've researched as well. Unfortunately, the bore size of the wheel is 63.1. These wheels are custom made so my understanding is you wouldn't use hub rings. And given it's smaller, well....

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Someone messed up your order it seems. So unfortunate. Best of luck

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
McGard Black Chrome Lug Nuts and Locks - 14x1.5 were the lug nuts they sold me
so the lugs hit somewhere in the wheel is what you're saying...14x1.5 is for our lugs.

But man, that sucks about your order, did you contact Kamispeed...they are usually pretty good about backing up their products they sell

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
What do you mean the lugs don't work? Like the holes in the wheels are too small? Some wheels require fairly slim lugs, you can talk to BC Forged to find out what they recommend. As for your issue with BC Forged, I would hope they'd refund you or at least offer to exchange for a set of wheels that will actually fit the car, but only they can answer that question.

It's understandable to be upset, but mistakes happen and you have to give the company a chance to make things right. No real sense in trashing them if you haven't done that yet.

OP
OP

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
so the lugs hit somewhere in the wheel is what you're saying...14x1.5 is for our lugs.

But man, that sucks about your order, did you contact Kamispeed...they are usually pretty good about backing up their products they sell
So far I can't get ahold of them. Tried multiple times from 4-5 EST yesterday and nobody will answer, then this morning from 10-10:30 EST it goes straight to voicemail. Email ticket has not been responded to.

OP
OP

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
What do you mean the lugs don't work? Like the holes in the wheels are too small? Some wheels require fairly slim lugs, you can talk to BC Forged to find out what they recommend. As for your issue with BC Forged, I would hope they'd refund you or at least offer to exchange for a set of wheels that will actually fit the car, but only they can answer that question.

It's understandable to be upset, but mistakes happen and you have to give the company a chance to make things right. No real sense in trashing them if you haven't done that yet.
I honestly can't articulate it the way the installer did, but the net result of the issue was that IF the wheel would even fit properly on the hub, the lugs would not fully tighten due to an issue with the threads of some sort. They explained it all to me but I was more worried about the issue with the hub size.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ack, I’m very sorry to read that Gforce81...that does sound like a nightmare scenario, especially on a high end purchase. Hope Kamispeed takes care if you and all turns out ok.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Ouch that's a very unfortunate situation. It sounds like a relatively easy fix on a CNC machine though. Hopefully BC steps up and takes care of shipping both ways.

Did you pay with a credit card? You always have the nuclear option of a charge back if they don't play ball.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So far I can't get ahold of them. Tried multiple times from 4-5 EST yesterday and nobody will answer, then this morning from 10-10:30 EST it goes straight to voicemail. Email ticket has not been responded to.
yeah, that's weird...they're in Florida, EST time zone also...no idea what's up...they helped me out when UPS decided to change the address on my package to one digit different because they couldn't believe two mike's with the same last name could exist two houses from each other lol. It showed delivered, but it wasn't at my house. Long story short, they helped me out and I got it...this was like 3 weeks ago.

OP
OP

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Ack, I’m very sorry to read that Gforce81...that does sound like a nightmare scenario, especially on a high end purchase. Hope Kamispeed takes care if you and all turns out ok.
Thank you! Unfortunately @Kami Speed won't answer their phones. Tried yesterday evening and today during their hours of operation to no avail. Frustrating.

doctorbee

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Thank you! Unfortunately @Kami Speed won't answer their phones. Tried yesterday evening and today during their hours of operation to no avail. Frustrating.
Weird that they're not responding. That's the worse thing a retailer can do.
May be the holidays? Have you tried DMing them up on Instagram?

They helped me out when my Greddy Oil Cooler was missing a part. Ended up getting in touch with Greddy and they sent me the missing part.

I would get in touch with BC wheels since the wheels are clearly defective:
https://www.bcforged-na.com/information/

Have you tried using the lugs on the OEM wheels? Since you ordered the right size and pitch they should work.

OP
OP

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag