Wheel Adapter 15mm or 20mm?

chewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys! I am new to the forum and I recently purchased a 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback in the sport trim. Here is my scenario and any advice will be appreciated. I am not lowering the car. I am looking to install spacer with a set of rims that are 18x8 with et+45 with 235/40/18 stock tires so installing 15mm bolt on spacer will make it flush with the fenders. As I am shopping around on eBay and Amazon, some wheel adapters company claim that 15mm might not cover the original studs so cutting might be required. I understand a 20mm spacer with OEM 18x8 +50 Sports Rims will make it flush with the fenders but 20mm with the new rims I am looking at will make it stick out 5mm. I have two questions:
1) Is 15mm spacer not going to cover original studs?
2) If I were to go with 20mm, would the 5mm extra cause any issue (rubbing)?

Thanks guys!
Sponsored

TAXMASTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 civic MT
Country flag
I have 5 mm spacers on my winter rims, if u want I can bring them to costco meet on Tuesday, u can stack them up on one rim and see what they do. FYI I made them myself, a local tire shop sells them in pickering too, pickering tire and mag. I also understand that spacers are not totally legal

OP
OP
chewy

chewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have 5 mm spacers on my winter rims, if u want I can bring them to costco meet on Tuesday, u can stack them up on one rim and see what they do. FYI I made them myself, a local tire shop sells them in pickering too, pickering tire and mag. I also understand that spacers are not totally legal
Thanks for your kind offer and I will definitely contact you if needed. I will be buying those hubcentric ones where they are bolted onto the original hub. I think they are illegal too but whatever since I am only going for the looks. Trying to see if any members out there have any experience that they can share.
Sponsored