What's your favorite all-season tire/brand?

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all, going to be getting some new shoes for the Coupe here pretty soon and wanted to get some feedback on what your favorite All-Season tires are!

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
ZephyrFlash

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OEM 17" size. I forget exactly... 225/50/17 maybe?
Ahh got ya, I'm planning on moving up from 17s to 18s and stuff gets confusing lol

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out this calculator. Very handy to see how circumference matches up and how your speeds will be affected by a tire size change. You'll probably change to a 215/45/18 if you stick with a 18x7

The first number is the tire width in millimeters / second number is side wall height (it's a formula, not a direct size) / third is the inner diameter (rim size)

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

OP
OP
ZephyrFlash

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out this calculator. Very handy to see how circumference matches up and how your speeds will be affected by a tire size change. You'll probably change to a 215/45/18 if you stick with a 18x7

The first number is the tire width in millimeters / second number is side wall height (it's a formula, not a direct size) / third is the inner diameter (rim size)

https://tiresize.com/calculator/
Thanks! I've used the calculator before and I think what I decided was: 18x8 +45 wheel with a 245/40R 18 tire. Speedometer will only be off by about .5 MPH and fitment should be perfect.

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
Tires that were on my short list: Continental DWS06 and Pure Contact, General Gmax AS-05, Michelin Premier, and Cooper RS3-G1. I ended up buying the Coopers, but have not mounted them up yet, because the stock Hankooks are wearing out at a much slower rate then I thought they would. I guess I lean more towards ultra high performance tires, but really was more looking for best dry/wet traction, with snow traction a lower requirement. If your in Portland OR and not Maine, you might think along similar lines. I will post up a report on the Coopers once I get them on and get some miles on them.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Tires that were on my short list: Continental DWS06 and Pure Contact, General Gmax AS-05, Michelin Premier, and Cooper RS3-G1. I ended up buying the Coopers, but have not mounted them up yet, because the stock Hankooks are wearing out at a much slower rate then I thought they would. I guess I lean more towards ultra high performance tires, but really was more looking for best dry/wet traction, with snow traction a lower requirement. If your in Portland OR and not Maine, you might think along similar lines. I will post up a report on the Coopers once I get them on and get some miles on them.
I looked at all the tires you mentioned but ultimately bought Nokian Zline A/S tires. They're W rated ultra high performance all seasons. Nokians are mostly known for their winter tires but these are supposed to be quite good. I got them at a fantastic price.

I also have used Toyo Proxes 4 Plus performance all seasons in the past and liked them a lot.

OP
OP
ZephyrFlash

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I am in Oregon, thanks for the input! Definitely need something that can do wet or dry and the slight possibility of snow lol

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For all seasons I’ve been through about 5 sets (between me and my wife) of Nitto NeoGens. They are awesome in the dry/rain and they won’t put a hole in your wallet. They are an older design but I have always loved them and they are tried and true. Also if you are planning on lowering your car they are actually designed to wear evenly if your car is running excessive negative camber.

PGean

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic ST, 2015 X5, 2009 MDX
Country flag
Never had them personally but friends swear by the Conti DWS06's

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
Im on my 2nd set of Conti Purecontacts on my Cobalt. I’m running Powell YYZ v3 springs and Cobalt SS shocks and struts. They are awesome in dry, wet and very good in snow. The pro contacts are not as good.
Sponsored