what's the technicality for this?

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Not another thread about this!!! But if someone has an answer, it can reveal some interesting information for those uneducated people like me. Anywho, here it goes!

KTuner and DRob have confirmed that flash back to stock, unmarry, get the oil dillution recall done, marry, flash to our old TSP Stage1 is completely safe for us 2017 / 2018 Sis.

People have reported a higher idle for a few minutes after getting the recall done. I'm not an expert, but I thought the idle was controlled within the map itself.

So if we flash back to the TSP Stage1 tune aren't we "undoing" the higher idle on start portion?

What exactly is happening here that we don't need a new TSP map?

Is that new AC module the work-horse of the entire operation and somehow internally programmed to work harder & not need to touch anything within the map itself?
Sponsored

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
Not another thread about this!!! But if someone has an answer, it can reveal some interesting information for those uneducated people like me. Anywho, here it goes!

KTuner and DRob have confirmed that flash back to stock, unmarry, get the oil dillution recall done, marry, flash to our old TSP Stage1 is completely safe for us 2017 / 2018 Sis.

People have reported a higher idle for a few minutes after getting the recall done. I'm not an expert, but I thought the idle was controlled within the map itself.

So if we flash back to the TSP Stage1 tune aren't we "undoing" the higher idle on start portion?

What exactly is happening here that we don't need a new TSP map?

Is that new AC module the work-horse of the entire operation and somehow internally programmed to work harder & not need to touch anything within the map itself?
the higher idle is due to honda techs not doing an idle learn procedure when completing the recall. youre supposed to idle it for 10 minutes so the customer doesnt experience that but flat rate techs wont wait the 10 minutes. for the recall you up date the pcm, the ac module which makes it so when you have climate on high for cold starts your fan speed wont max out so the car can warm up quicker