Whats the best way to exchange my car from sedan to hatchback?

rajnmaker

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019 sport sedan
Country flag
I bought my honda civic sport sedan 2019 on March, so i can't return this car.

Is selling my car is the only way to change my car into Honda Civic Hatchback sport 2019?

If i have to sell it, i shouldn't sell it to dealer, right?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You hate the car THAT much???

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Your best bet would be to find someone willing to trade. If you deal with a dealer, you’re going to lose equity most likely. You could also go sell private and rebuy. But selling privately usually takes time. Maybe a relative or something is in the market for a car and they can take over payments.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What bluehatch17 said. Be prepared to lose thousands if selling privately or to dealer (don’t!). Post wanted ads here and everywhere to see if anyone wants to exchange or take over payments. If you can’t take the financial hit, learn to love it. It’s not a bad car.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
You are going to take a big hit for selling a car 3-4 months later, and if you're ready to do that, your best bet is to sell it private party. If you can hang on to it for a few years, you're much better off. Next time take the time to actually research what you're buying and make sure it is the car you want to actually drive. Otherwise, you're going to keep losing money. If you're ok with that, then you do you.

markc72

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L w/NAVI
Country flag
Is selling my car is the only way to change my car into Honda Civic Hatchback sport 2019?

Abracadabra Hocus pocus, turn my Sedan into a hatchback :bonk:
Honda Civic 10th gen Whats the best way to exchange my car from sedan to hatchback? {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen Whats the best way to exchange my car from sedan to hatchback? 105812_7429_7

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Yeah... I don't think that any dealership would give you anything close to a private party sale's value.

If there's a CarMax close to you; go there and get a (free) appraisal. It's a good source to learn the wholesale value of your car. That becomes your 'floor'. You won't sell for less then that because... CarMax.

Then figure out what you actually paid for the car minus and the BS fees and tax. Your target is probably in the middle somewhere.

At some point; you have to assign a value to your desire to have the hatch. That is what you're willing to pay (or lose) to switch.

Also... whatever the difference in prices... remember that you can spread that out over however long you plan to keep the car. If being happy driving your dream car will cost you $3,000 over 5 years; you can do the math to figure the cost per month of driving the car you really want.

And don't wear a plaid jacket when you meet potential buyers. Good luck.

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

Gofundme. Or Chaturbate.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen Whats the best way to exchange my car from sedan to hatchback? Clipboard02

OK, boys and girls... For my first trick I will change this awful little 2019 Civic Sport sedan...

Honda Civic 10th gen Whats the best way to exchange my car from sedan to hatchback? Clipboard01

... into a stupendously amazing 2019 Civic Sport hatchback...

Honda Civic 10th gen Whats the best way to exchange my car from sedan to hatchback? 2019_Honda_Civic_Hatchback_ext1_o

See that wasn't too hard at all.

Now this next trick is way more difficult. I'm going to attempt to change a Civic Si Sedan into a Type R. :nixon: Stay tuned.

B3B31011

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Its easy just not cheap, you are going to lose about 5-6k that’s going to go on the new car payment which means paying about $120 more a month, Id like to do the same with my LX but the got 360 payment that will go up to almost 500 if i do it for the SI

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
The 2019 hatch is a downgrade to 5" screen, no tweeters and analog cockpit (not sure that's a downgrade).

At least wait for the 2020 which may get upgraded.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Whats the best way to exchange my car from sedan to hatchback? {filename}

OK, boys and girls... For my first trick I will change this awful little 2019 Civic Sport sedan...

... into a stupendously amazing 2019 Civic Sport hatchback...

See that wasn't too hard at all.

Now this next trick is way more difficult. I'm going to attempt to change a Civic Si Sedan into a Type R. :nixon: Stay tuned.

Dang! If we are changing the Civic models we own, then I want to make mine an Si or a Type R. The magic might not work since neither are available here.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Why? The grass is not always greener. You purchased a very, very, very nice car. You have upgraded infotainment, honda sensing, upgraded interior "leather". All things I wish I had in my 18 hatch sport. But I'm content with what I got. That's my advice to you. Be content with what you own. Sure, having the turbo is nice, but it's not THAT nice worthy of taking a 3k to 4k loss. If you really need better acceleration, just buy a ktuner and drop the vtec down to ~5500 rpm. That would be awesome! I honestly might prefer that just as much as this dinky engine and small turbo.