What's the best car wash for Honda Paint?

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
With the highly anticipated CTR coming, I will be on Vacation next week. I told my sales manager to not remove the plastic or wash it when it arrives. So that brings me to my main point! Is there a specific car wash that works best with Honda Paint? I'm talking about off the shelf car wash, and not some special order wash for $200 car wash and wax. Please assist...
Sponsored

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
Check out chemical guys , you'll have to order it , but it's very cheap/affordable. And it's suds up like a mofo.. I'd recommend honeydew snow foam , thick suds that will clean your type r up right. Heck there stuff is so affordable, you might could just snag up a nice car wash kit from them with a nice wash mitt & grit guard.. just my 2 cent

kern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Civic Si Sedan, 12 MIata SE PRHT
Last edited:

nyuofa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, STI
Mr Pink from chemical guys isn't too bad. I have the Adams shampoo, but I think it's too strong? I swear it stripped off wax the last time I used it. Haven't had any issues with Mr Pink. Could be all in my head. But whatever you do, foam cannon!

And I personally would have them remove all the protective sticker wraps on hood, etc. So you can visually inspect paint prior to taking delivery. Easier to have them fix something that they saw as well, vs you discovering it at home after you remove the wrapping yourself. But tell them under no circumstances, they shall not wash your car and give your car the swirls....

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
Don't forget to use some type of Iron/metal remover after you wash and then clay bar and wash one more time.

redwing497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda S2000, 2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I've been washing cars since I was a teenager. More than 20 years now. Love to do it myself, weather permitting. I've tried so many different car soaps. I always go back to Meguairs Gold Class. Nothing I've ever used suds up as well as it does and it's just so gentle. Not to mention it's cheap as hell and you can get it virtually anywhere.

Also, in response to the above comment, when you use clay you strip the wax, so just make sure you reapply.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Is there a specific car wash that works best with Honda Paint?
As you can see above, no one knows the answer. That's probably because as long as you use a product designed for washing cars (i.e. not dish soap), none of them are going to be significantly better than any other. I doubt there's ever been a scientific study done on which car soap is best on ANY paint, much less a Honda-specific one, so no one can truly give a correct answer to your question.

Far more important than what soap you use is that your wash process does not add any tiny scratches to your paint by dragging abrasive dirt particles across it.

Last edited:

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
As you can see above, no one knows the answer. That's probably because as long as you use a product designed for washing cars (i.e. not dish soap), none of them are going to significantly better than any other. I doubt there's ever been a scientific study done on which car soap is best on ANY paint, much less a Honda-specific one, so no one can truly give a correct answer to your question.

Far more important than what soap you use is that your wash process does not add any tiny scratches to your paint by dragging abrasive dirt particles across it.
Agreed with this , just good quality soap & you'll be fine. And consider a foam cannon if you want to have some fun while washing. Also consider maybe having a ceramic coating installed like opti coat or cquartz. If you have one of theses , you can literally spray the car off with water & it'll look like you just waxed it lol. All 3 of my cars are ceramic coated & washes are a breeze. The dirt and brake dust fall off like nothing you've seen before.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
Agreed with this , just good quality soap & you'll be fine. And consider a foam cannon if you want to have some fun while washing. Also consider maybe having a ceramic coating installed like opti coat or cquartz. If you have one of theses , you can literally spray the car off with water & it'll look like you just waxed it lol. All 3 of my cars are ceramic coated & washes are a breeze. The dirt and brake dust fall off like nothing you've seen before.
which ceramic coatings are a good idea? DIY? I want to coat my car ASAP, but I want something I can do myself and not mess-up; but very good.

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
which ceramic coatings are a good idea? DIY? I want to coat my car ASAP, but I want something I can do myself and not mess-up; but very good.
Ceramic Pro offers a lifetime warranty on a couple packages. Most are 3/5/7 year warranties. Opti-coat is another one but no lifetime warranty.

kern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Civic Si Sedan, 12 MIata SE PRHT
I drove our civic Straight from the delivery truck to the local clear bra / ppf installer. Ive never heard of this ceramic coating so need to read up on it. I would highly recommend a ppf on the nose as my cars all still look brand new with no chips. Our si has almost 50k miles on it. This ceramic coating looks to replace waxing.

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
I drove our civic Straight from the delivery truck to the local clear bra / ppf installer. Ive never heard of this ceramic coating so need to read up on it. I would highly recommend a ppf on the nose as my cars all still look brand new with no chips. Our si has almost 50k miles on it. This ceramic coating looks to replace waxing.
Ceramic coatings bond to the paint and protect it against bugs, bird shit, giving it a permanent showroom floor shine and everything will wash off it with ease. I would check out the Ceramic Pro. That is what I will get.
Sponsored