What's the best approach to fixing this

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I got 2 big scuff on my back passenger quarter panel right behind the back doors. What's the best way to fix this up? There's bit of a streak but nothing that I don't think can be buffed out. I have White Orchard Pearl and I took it to a reputable paint shop and they quoted me for 1K which I think is ridiculously high. Would the touch up pen do the trick? Is there a plasti-dip that would match 90% of the color? Any advice is greatly appreciated

Honda Civic 10th gen What's the best approach to fixing this 20170906_092944~2

Honda Civic 10th gen What's the best approach to fixing this 20170906_092949~2

Honda Civic 10th gen What's the best approach to fixing this 20170906_092955

Last edited:

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Is it on the surface, did you try buffing it out?

Ahh nevermind you put pictures up

Last edited:

cp1313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 touring coupe
From the photos, I see a crease above the wheel arch as well as the dent on the dog leg and possible a little damage on the door that would need repair. To properly refinish the door and quarter with a blend within those panels, the rear bumper would need to be dropped, rear tail lmp r&i, inner door trim + water sheild, outer handle, belt mldg, roof drip mldg,"A" pillar mldg all need R&I. The scalp mldg includes the rear applique mldg is one time use and would need replacement.

That color is a 3 stage refinish so, paint and materials are more than a 2 stage. $1000 does not seem out of line from what I see.

No touch up paint will match or even come close. None. It will still look like a mis-matched touch up from 10 feet away and the dents/damage will still be there.

If you don't care about how it looks, you could possibly buff out 60-75% of those scuffs and touch up the rest but, it will look like poo. Sorry.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I had the same thing, got a can of rubbing compound and rubbed it right out. worked perfect. just don't rub too hard, very gently and watch the scuff disappear.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
the only part that seems to be down to the metal is the edge.

you can probably remove the rest by compounding.
Sponsored