What would be a worthy upgrade after the Si?

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
You could always go this route no gas no electric it’s all terrain it go’s any speed you want it
Btw I’m joking around

Honda Civic 10th gen What would be a worthy upgrade after the Si? 971C2022-6F8D-4D35-ACFA-FCDDA7E1483E
Sponsored

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
I think it runs like a 14.7@97 in 1/4 so it essentially beats the si in that regard too
With manual transmission cars it is important not to get hung up on the 0-60 numbers or even the 1/4 mile numbers, the trap speed is what you should pay attention to.

The last test done by Car and Driver for both vehicles got:

Miata
0-60: 5.7 sec
1/4 mile: 14.5 sec @ 95mph

Si:
0-60: 6.4 sec
1/4 miles: 14.9 sec @ 96mph

As you can see they both have right about the same trap speed (the Si is insigificantly higher), so the feel of your pants acceleration is likely the same.

Last edited:

CTSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
With manual transmission cars it is important not to get hung up on the 0-60 numbers or even the 1/4 mile numbers, the trap speed is what you should pay attention to.

The last test done by Car and Driver for both vehicles got:

Miata
0-60: 5.7 sec
1/4 mile: 14.5 sec @ 95mph

Si:
0-60: 6.4 sec
1/4 miles: 14.9 sec @ 96mph

As you can see they both have right about the same trap speed (the Si is insigificantly higher), so the feel of your pants acceleration is likely the same.
It seems to me that for regular use, except for dragstrip runs, straight off the line acceleration doesn’t mean much as long as it’s at or something under about six seconds to 60. That's what gives you the feeling that you're in the game and going where you want to go in the time that you want to go there, and it helps to separate the traffic. The total picture is much larger, how does the vehicle handle when it gets to whatever the target speed is that you are trying to reach, how does it accelerate in the midrange coming out of corners, handling, braking, etc. I grew up in the American muscle car era when 0 - 60 and quarter-mile times were the big thing. Other than doing that well, e.g., my ‘64 Pontiac GTO, supposedly 4.3 to 60, they were terribly crude automobiles. I enjoyed that era, but those cars didn’t handle well even in a straight line, had poor braking, were inefficient, and were inherently dangerous. In the middle of that I switched to British sports cars for the handling capabilities, but they were horribly mechanically undependable, so not much of a gain. At that age I enjoyed it, but I’m also grateful that I survived it. In the total picture the performance automotive world is in much better condition today and straight-line acceleration is not necessarily key to that.

Last edited:

lynx124

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Someone may have mentioned this earlier...but to me, the next jump for me is gonna be the new nissan "400" Z...that thing is incredible IMO & seems to be the next logical step after the Si.
Sponsored