First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe (SOLD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Right now I've just got the Si. Previously owned cars: 91 Honda Accord SE, 91 Acura Integra RS , 91 Honda Accord LX, 96 Acura TL, 97 Honda Prelude, 2001 Acura CL Type-S, 2002 Acura RL, two 95 Lincoln Mark VIII's, 2001 Lincoln Town Car, 1991 Honda Accord EX Coupe, 2003 Lincoln Town Car Cartier, 2006 Pontiac GTO. Almost all of them were modded in various ways.
Sponsored

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Mini Cooper s Coupe.

Honda Civic 10th gen what was your previous car? {filename}

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Right now I've just got the Si. Previously owned cars: 91 Honda Accord SE, 91 Acura Integra RS , 91 Honda Accord LX, 96 Acura TL, 97 Honda Prelude, 2001 Acura CL Type-S, 2002 Acura RL, two 95 Lincoln Mark VIII's, 2001 Lincoln Town Car, 1991 Honda Accord EX Coupe, 2003 Lincoln Town Car Cartier, 2006 Pontiac GTO. Almost all of them were modded in various ways.
Ive secretly always wanted a Town Car. I had an '04 GTO. Miss that car.

OP
OP

fzmxa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g37x
Country flag
Have you driven the Si yet? I test drove a few used 2nd gen G35/G37s a year or two ago, and surprisingly, they didn't feel as solid as the Si (nor the TSX I drove later that day). They were quiet but not significantly quieter than the Si. They actually felt less refined despite the fancy interior features and leather and what not. Back in the day I had a loaded, 2005 G35 Coupe and the Si is a lot better in terms of the ride.
I did test drive an Si but it was a typical short test drive, enough for me to get a feel for the car. But I would like to take the car out longer and also on the highway to really see how I feel about it. Will look at another test drive soon.

My brother had a G35 coupe manual the same time I had my 350z, so I am very familiar with it. The G37 is a more refined version of the G35, but at the time, I really liked G a lot.

250gtswb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe; 1969 Honda S800M Roadster
Country flag
Before my '18 Si coupe I had a '17 Si coupe. Before that an '07 Si sedan. Before that: '78 Porsche 911SC, '72 Mercedes 280SE 4.5, '76 Caterham Super Seven, '65 Austin Mini Cooper 1275S, '89 Honda Prelude Si, '71 Jaguar XJ6, '67 Jaguar E-Type FHC, '68 Jaguar E-Type FHC, '83 Honda Prelude.

OP
OP

fzmxa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g37x
Country flag
Hey fzmxa,
My Si coupe was my second ever car coming from a G37x coupe automatic! Coming from the G. I immediately missed the additional power, the sound system, and most of all, interior quality. After having the automatic for 3 years, I was looking for a G37s to learn manual and planned to swap my parts on, but the price per month on the Si was much lower and the gas mileage spoke for itself. After having the Si for more than a year I still miss the aggressive exhaust note and smooth body lines of my G37, but that's about it. To answer your one specific question, the ride in the Si is definitely a little rougher, but it's not horrible. Don't hesitate with any additional questions you may have! Here she is in all of her glory

Thanks for the feedback. Nice G you had there!

OP
OP

fzmxa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g37x
Country flag
I currently have a G37xS and an 18 Si. Other than the obvious like the power difference, one of the more significant differences IMO is the sound system (exhaust included!). I have the Bose system in my G (which is just adequate), and it sounds 10x better than the Civic's system. It's like listening to music on laptop speakers vs a dedicated stereo.

The Civic seats are more plush and the bolsters are a bit larger (I have sport seats in my G). Since you're coming from a non-sport G37, I think you'll prefer the Civic seats.

Ride comfort is about the same. The G is better damped for comfort, but they both feel equally as stiff in normal mode. There's a lot more floorboard vibration in the Civic, which becomes tiresome on the highway, unlike the G.

Handling is not even close. The Civic turns in so much sharper, a lot more flat, and the steering ratio is way faster. The G37 has more steering feel though. It's also got much more heft. The Civic steering is feather light compared to the G.
Thanks for your feedback.

Sort of disappointed to hear the stock audio system in the Si is lacking compared to the Bose system in the G. I don't feel like doing any upgrades in that area (used to do this all the time with my earlier cars. just don't feel like doing it anymore as I have gotten older).

I did like the seats in the Si. They were nicely bolstered. Not being leather does not bother me, but heated seats are a must and glad it comes with it. That's something I won't compromise on any car I would get.

Regarding ride comfort, I think the key word you mention is "damped." The G is about 800 lbs heavier than the Si so that helps with the solid feel while driving. I know if I get the Si, sound dampening will definitely be a project I would undertake. Dampening at a minimum the floors, rear quarter panels, and doors. That should also help with the stock audio system.

I'm also reading that the stock all seasons are noisy so I would want to look at upgrading those to help with the road noise.

As for the steering, the Si also felt more responsive than the G. Definitely a car you could track. The G is more of a grand touring car compared to the Si. Something you would take on a long trip that could eat up miles while doing it in comfort. With the G having hydraulic power steering, the steering has a nice heft to it. But the Si, in Sport mode, the steering feel was not bad at all.

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
My first car was a ‘01 v6 Mercury Cougar that was only 3 years old at the time. Then in early 2011, I sold it to buy a “mommy mobile” which for me at the time meant a ‘06 Dodge Magnum(the station wagon spoke to me!) I ended up hating it, but it was a good car that was paid for, so I kept it.
Finally got rid of it 10/18 for my ‘18 WOP coupe(first new car). To which I got a lot of “but what about the kids?” Pft, they can get out just fine.
So I definitely upgraded in all aspects of drive/ride quality.

xxbodkinxx

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
15 Accord ex-l V6. Loved it but wanted something with a manual gearbox.

Honda Civic 10th gen what was your previous car? image1_zpsmjf5c0ew.JPG

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
honda fanboy here. 91 integra ls 02 rsx type s w/ 12gsxr600

Honda Civic 10th gen what was your previous car? PHOT0238

Honda Civic 10th gen what was your previous car? 20190107_232207

Honda Civic 10th gen what was your previous car? 2013-06-29 16.30.52-1

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
My last car was a 2007 Fit so the only thing I sacrificed was practicality as the Fit... fit a lot more stuff/people inside and it took regular fuel.

rive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Datamining thread. Not today, Isis!

But seriously, in chronological order:
'93 Dodge Shadow ES
'00 Honda CBR600F4
'96 Ford Mustang GT
'06 Honda Civic EX
'98 Mercury Grand Marquis
'10 Honda Fit
'12 Fiat 500 Sport
'15 Subaru Outback 3.6R
'17 Suzuki SV650
'18 Honda Civic Si Sedan

I learned to drive in a grain truck when I was thirteen and mostly drove my employer's F-150 until I turned 16 and could buy my own car. The bikes were fun but impractical. I included them because, when I had them, they were my only means of transportation. The only car on this list I miss is the Subaru with the flat six. That thing rev'd so freely it's like the physical concept of friction didn't exist to it, and winters were just irresponsibly fun. The Civic Si is probably the most well-rounded car I've owned to date. When the time comes to replace it, I genuinely don't know what direction I'll go. Riding in cars with coworkers or friends now just seems...boring. The Civic Si isn't absurdly fast; it's just so engaging. (Pro tip: I have had so many cars because my ex was great at crashing/killing them. Learn from my mistakes and don't repeat them!)

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
1995 civic eg coupe
1979 el camino
1989 240sx (pignose)
2005 srt4 ACR edition
2004 g35 coupe
1999 civic si EM1
1998 S10
2018 civic Si sedan WOP

Also had a 2016 Harley Davidson Iron 883 which i recently sold..

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
honda fanboy here. 91 integra ls 02 rsx type s w/ 12gsxr600

Seeing that black DA Teggy takes me back. I'll have to get another one sometime. Love the old Hondas. Simple, light cars. Too bad they can't really make cars like that anymore with all the regulations.

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ive secretly always wanted a Town Car. I had an '04 GTO. Miss that car.
Town Cars drive like a dream. You would love it. They're cheap and easy to work on. Parts are everywhere. And yeah, the GTO's are fun. I used to get thumbs up and stares almost every time I drove it. I'll have to post some pics of my old rides. I honestly enjoy driving this 17 Civic Si more than the GTO. Handling is much better and I can floor it without a high chance of death.
Sponsored