What underwhelmed you, disappointed, or just shocked you?

y4ngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR
Country flag
If I'm being nitpicky, here are a few things that bother me:

- The 'CIVIC' on the back is a chrome finish, while the 'TYPE' is gunmetal. Wish both were gunmetal.

- Wish it came with black lug nuts and black wheel locks.

- Wish the steering wheel was Alcantara instead of leather.

- Wish there weren't so many empty buttons in the interior.

- Thought people complaining about the car not having a volume knob were just being too picky at first, never realized how much I actually used it before.

- Wish the exhaust was just a tad louder.

- The fake vents with the useless sensor spots, wish they made new ones for the CTR. Hopefully someone will come out with a replacement that looks better.

- Sometimes I wish it didn't draw so much attention.

Absolutely love the car overall.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
So I'm curious from the guys who actually have a Type-R. What sorts of features, feel during driving or really anything about the car disappointed you or underwhelmed you once you started driving it after a few days. If there is anything, is it anything that makes you go "hmmm I don't know if i'd buy this car because of it"

-Underwhelmed on : perhaps the rear wiper arm, in comparison to other vehicles, this seems outdated to me. No biggie.

-Disappointed on: Nothing. Car is good as is.

-Just shocked you: reaching high speeds acceleration is a breeze. I hope when car gets tuned to be able to keep that feeling without so much disruption.

HumbleSage

The Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2, 2008 Civic SI's. 1 Ralleye Red (Stock). 1 Fiji Blue Pearl (Modified). 1 2017 Civic Type-R (Stock)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only thing I don't like is the Electronic E-Brake. Prefer the handle myself. Not sure about the others in this thread but my CTR is rock solid. The plastic doesn't seem flimsy at all.

TypeRish: I would have passed on it finding the dealer had it at 20mi and all the things that concerned you. I would put money on it being abused by staff at that rate. The best advice I give people is get to know your dealer. Build a solid reputation with EVERYONE that works there. This decreases the chances of the dealer "taking you for a ride". My experience was amazing. I bought the car before it was even through PDI. It had 2 miles on it before it was turned over to me and I know the Master Tech that put the 2 miles on it. Ultimately if you're happy though that's all that matters. :)
Sponsored