What underwhelmed you, disappointed, or just shocked you?

OP
OP
HkDrummer

HkDrummer

First Name
Tynan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Dodge Viper
Country flag
are the red stripes and cf stickers or they painted/etched on?
No idea, I don't have a car to look at but when I saw one at my local dealership I noticed that it looked "cheap" Wonder if anyone in the aftermarket world will offer a real deal replacement
Sponsored

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
No idea, I don't have a car to look at but when I saw one at my local dealership I noticed that it looked "cheap" Wonder if anyone in the aftermarket world will offer a real deal replacement

The red stripe is vinyl and easily removed/replaced.

The fake carbon no idea but Honda parts are cheap in general so if needed replace in 3-5 years...

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Love everything about the car. However, if I had an option to change anything from factory, it would be the exhaust tone. Just a tad louder would make it perfect for me. It's not a dealbreaker, obviously, as I would not hesitate to buy another R when/if more variants become available.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Love everything about the car. However, if I had an option to change anything from factory, it would be the exhaust tone. Just a tad louder would make it perfect for me. It's not a dealbreaker, obviously, as I would not hesitate to buy another R when/if more variants become available.
I actually like the quiet exhaust note :D

Nemesis724

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Touring, 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan Sport 6MT, 2007 Honda Civic Si 6MT, 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Sold), 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (RIP)
I like pretty much everything. Tires have very strong grip. Suspension is very solid. Seats are nice and heavily bolstered. Exhaust note is good, it's like music to my ears. Would be nice if there is a volume knob just like the 2017 CR-V. My only complaints so far is the sub-woofer kinda feels weak compared to my 2007 Si. I feels like my music is lacking bass (DTS Neural is also turned OFF). My sub-woofer level is turned all the way up already. Even my wife noticed the bass is a little weak. A/C doesn't feel as cold as my Infiniti G37 (A bit Heavily tinted :cool:). Maybe this will change as soon as I get the windows tinted next week. Its been extremely hot here in MD lately. Today's heat index was 99 Fahrenheit with 60% Humidity. Then again, the wife also notices this A/C issue. Other than that, so far so good.

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan LX, '17 CTR (PA Signed in WI, ETA 5/31-6/7, Blue)
Country flag
A/C I completely agree with. Definitely cuts out while hitting the car a little hard.

Sub is worthless imo. I actually prefer the audio from my 17 LX over this. No joke. Would love to see what people do with aftermarket audio asap.

fuzznubbin

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-r, 2013 Silverado 2500, 2017 Accord EX-L NAV ACC
Country flag
I guess I'm old fashioned, but I'm not a big fan of the numeric spedo. I'd like to see a needle like the tach.

romulanvox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord CL7A JDM
Country flag
They call it "Suede Effect" I think its just cloth. I think they will wear pretty nicely I am not too concerned about it. My 09 STI had similar cloth and it held up pretty well, and that was a light grey cloth which showed everything
I hope there will come a time where the front seats can be spec'd in black rather than red. Just like the limited black edition FK2 in its last run.

Black hides most things.

FK8 Twigs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #01007
Country flag
Sub is worthless imo. I actually prefer the audio from my 17 LX over this. No joke. Would love to see what people do with aftermarket audio asap.
I actually think the sub is great! The whole system provides great balance IMO. I have the bass and sub maxed, with the treble just below max.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
If its anything like the TSX, I'd be happy with it. I'm way past my bass thumping years. I can't believe I use to ganster rap with the windows down with 2 10's in my mid 20's. Moment I'd like to forget.

Last edited:

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
I like the exhaust note I just want it louder. A lot of what I do is based on what I hear and its' hard to hear.
Sponsored