What trim level do I actually have?

JumBie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
From my understanding the 2017 EX models have sunroof, cup holders, 8 speakers etc... and the EX-T has a turbo engine but also heated seated and fog lights.

Well my civic is suppose to be the EX model but it has fog lights, heated seats and dual climate control. I opened the engine up and it looks like the normal engine, I have no clue how to tell if this thing is turbo. How do I find out what model I have? And if it isn't the EX-T why do I have heated seats, dual climate and fog lights on my car?
Sponsored

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
My guess would be EX-T based on the heated seats and dual-zone climate. Take a look at these feature lists and see which one fits your car better:
2017 EX
2017 EX-T

Edit: but also Canadian trims may have been optioned differently than the U.S. ones...

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
From my understanding the 2017 EX models have sunroof, cup holders, 8 speakers etc... and the EX-T has a turbo engine but also heated seated and fog lights.

Well my civic is suppose to be the EX model but it has fog lights, heated seats and dual climate control. I opened the engine up and it looks like the normal engine, I have no clue how to tell if this thing is turbo. How do I find out what model I have? And if it isn't the EX-T why do I have heated seats, dual climate and fog lights on my car?
An online VIN decoder should show you the trim level. Canadian models definitely have different trims.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Candian Civic EX's come with heated seats and dual zone climate control so there's a good chance yours is in fact an EX. There are many easy ways of seeing which trim you have. The first way are the wheels. The EX-T trim levels have 17" wheels that look like this:

Honda Civic 10th gen What trim level do I actually have? MY18_Civic_Sedan_Wheel_EXT_EXL_M

Whereas the EX trim levels have these 16 inch wheels:

Honda Civic 10th gen What trim level do I actually have? upload_2020-1-21_21-6-39

Another really easy way of checking is also popping the hood. 2.0 engines have the "i-vtec" designation on the engine itself in blue text whereas the turbo engines will not have that. If the engine has the "i-vtec" logo, it's the EX and if it does not, it's the EX-T.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
The Canadian models have more goodies than their American equivalents.
You have a Canadian EX. No turbo for you.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also another easy "tell" is look at the exhaust. 1.5-liter turbo engines have dual exhaust. Non-turbo 2.0-liter engines have only a single exhaust.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
With the Canadian cars, the most basic "tell" in terms of having an EX-T turbo is this...

Honda Civic 10th gen What trim level do I actually have? 25522987170_c807699b99_c

OP
OP

JumBie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Thank you all for your quick and kind responses! I felt really stupid for asking but I do indeed that the EX model and not the EX-T. Being a Canadian plus the rim picture that jred721 posted confirmed it all for me!
Sponsored