What tools came with your CTR?

LongRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't understand the tools that came with my CTR. Is that what other people got? Can someone please explain what use these are?

I did not get a spare tire, which I understand, and did get a fancy tire repair kit/inflator, which is fine. I also got a funnel which for some reason Honda thinks is better than using a fuel can spout directly, which I don't understand but am not going to argue about. What I do not understand is what came in the tool bag:

Honda Civic 10th gen What tools came with your CTR? upload_2017-10-23_22-15-0

WTF? A jack handle when I did not get a jack, so what am I supposed to do with that? Plus an eye bolt? Seriously?
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
The jack is located behind the plastic cover in the left side of the trunk.

The eyeloop is required for towing/winching the car on to a flatbed.

A fuel funnel is required due to the capless fuel tank design. You will spill if you just use a fuel can spout.

OP
OP
LongRun

LongRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
The jack is located behind the plastic cover in the left side of the trunk.

The eyeloop is required for towing/winching the car on to a flatbed.

A fuel funnel is required due to the capless fuel tank design. You will spill if you just use a fuel can spout.
Nope, no jack behind the plastic cover in the left side of the trunk on my car. Just the funnel and tool bag.

Where does the eyeloop attach to? Is that explained in the owner's manual somewhere?

My fuel can has a spout that looks to me just like a filling station gas pump spout. Why/how is that going to be a problem with the capless tank?

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
My fuel can has a spout that looks to me just like a filling station gas pump spout. Why/how is that going to be a problem with the capless tank?
Honda says is can damage the fuel system :dunno:.

Honda Civic 10th gen What tools came with your CTR? Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 9.08.11 AM
The picture in the manual shows the tank spout with smaller diameter than the funnel.

Where does the eyeloop attach to? Is that explained in the owner's manual somewhere?
No idea. I don't think it is in the manual.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Nope, no jack behind the plastic cover in the left side of the trunk on my car. Just the funnel and tool bag.

My bad. Thought there was a jack back there. Not sure what the skinny metal rod is for then since that’s typically used to raise the jack.

As for the fuel funnel, the capless design has a valve that closes automatically unless you push it with a funnel. If you just use your gas can spout to push it open, gas may pour out of the tank before the valve is even open causing a spill.

OP
OP
LongRun

LongRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
There is no mention of the tow hook or cover in the owner's manual or owner's guide, which is quite surprising given everything else that is in there, and I never would have thought to try to remove trim pieces like that to find a hole. @boosted180sx how do you find that? Is there a similar hole in front?

At least this explains what the tools are for. I expect the skinny metal rod is meant to help you install and remove the tow hook (put the rod through the eye hole and now you have a handle to use to get leverage and twist).

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
There is no mention of the tow hook or cover in the owner's manual or owner's guide, which is quite surprising given everything else that is in there, and I never would have thought to try to remove trim pieces like that to find a hole. @boosted180sx how do you find that? Is there a similar hole in front?

At least this explains what the tools are for. I expect the skinny metal rod is meant to help you install and remove the tow hook (put the rod through the eye hole and now you have a handle to use to get leverage and twist).
well some cars has a cover that can be popped off to thread a tow hook so i assumed it was there. Checked on the parts diagram just to confirm it. I just didn't remove it myself because I didn't wanna break tabs or anything lol.

For the front, the tow hook is pretty deep inside on the bottom. You can see a hook when you look underneath about front of your tire deep on the passenger side.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Read your manual

drtye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FA5 FK8
Country flag
lmao, is this really a thread?

At any rate, I hope you have your answers.

maskale

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
So Honda is dumb because you don't understand?

The jack handle is so you can tighten and remove the eye bolt, and yes you need the funnel.
Sponsored