What size speaker is on the center rear? And speakers you like!

LanceSI-10thgen

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI Sedan 2018 (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
So having a 2018 SI, I am in the market for aftermarket speakers and later on replacing my head unit. I know all the rounded speakers for the doors and the two by the rear windshield are 6.5 speakers. However, in the middle of the two rear speakers is another seemingly bigger speaker. I'm assuming it's a mid range. Just wondering if anyone here knows the size? THANKS!

Oh, and what speakers do you guys have really liked? For me it's a toss always between Infinity and JBL's.

Honda Civic 10th gen What size speaker is on the center rear? And speakers you like! IMG_2367.JPG
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The rear center is an 8" subwoofer. There isn't really anything that fits there easily.

Using a line out converter with an amp and separate sub, or adding a powered sub is a common solution for adding bass.

The head unit doesn't really have a replacement without sacrificing functionality

Edit: I have a Dayton 8" subwoofer in a custom box being pushed by an Audiocontrol ACM 1.300 amplifier. I'm content with it and some inexpensive Orion components in my doors