What should I do next?

ph0bolus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Corolla
Country flag
I've been shopping around for a 2016 Honda Civic EX-T for the past couple months, and have one dealership down to $22,000 from an initial quote of $22,600 out the door (splash guards, floor mats, and trunk tray) and got another dealership to beat it by $100 ($21,900). The TrueCar estimate for the vehicle in my area is $20,717 with tax at 9.5%.

Should I ask the second dealer to see if he can go lower? If so, how should I go about this?
I work at a nail salon, you think he'd bite for a free pedicure/manicure for his wife? Haha

p.s. The second dealer's initial quote was $21,800, before I asked for accessories.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Treat him to a couples' mani/pedi appointment. He'll be tickled.

In all seriousness, IMO if you've already asked for a quote *and* accessories, you've shown a greater level of commitment. I think it'd be harder to get them to go much lower.

OP
OP
ph0bolus

ph0bolus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Corolla
Country flag
if you've already asked for a quote *and* accessories, you've shown a greater level of commitment.
Do you mean by asking for a quote & accessories i've lost the power to lower the price?

OP
OP
ph0bolus

ph0bolus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Corolla
Country flag
So, after exchanging a few emails with him today he's pretty firm on 21.9k but he did say he'd do 21.8k otd if I financed through them.

tljgizmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just contact other dealers in your surrounding area. Deal only on the car price not accessories.. if you deal right you can get some for free. I have a firm quote of $20,728 no accessories and $20,896 with mats, nitrogen and paint/int protection. FYI you don't deal with him for financing you deal with the Finance Mgr. If you have good credit you have the power. Each deal is separate. Car get a firm sales price not including ttl. Trade -once you get there be firm and know what your car is worth. Then if all goes well you go back to the Finance Mgr and deal with him on rates and terms. I am going to make the deal this weekend wish me luck and good luck to you.

tljgizmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just contact other dealers in your surrounding area. Deal only on the car price not accessories.. if you deal right you can get some for free. I have a firm quote of $20,728 no accessories and $20,896 with mats, nitrogen and paint/int protection. FYI you don't deal with him for financing you deal with the Finance Mgr. If you have good credit you have the power. Each deal is separate. Car get a firm sales price not including ttl. Trade -once you get there be firm and know what your car is worth. Then if all goes well you go back to the Finance Mgr and deal with him on rates and terms. I am going to make the deal this weekend wish me luck and good luck to you.
I did get the 2016 EX-T for $20,728 plus ttl. :D
Sponsored