What should I do first K&N SRI with a TurboXS Hybrid reculating/VTA BOV or Ktuner V.2??

K@N SRI with TubroXS Hybrid BOV or Ktuner V.2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Lx"FK7" (Canadian spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello, I cant decide on what I should do to my car first, and I need you guys do decide for me within the next 14 days since the orginal posting date (01/04/2020).

The situation;

I'm looking to start modding for performance improvements to my 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback LX CVT. What over done so far are custom summer wheel set up and a resonator & mufflers delete.

What I've come across on the things I want to do is either the 2 following mods.

A: K&N SRI & TurboXS Hybrid BOV, Grand total would be $CAD 650 + change

OR

B: KTUNER V.2 Grand total would be $CAD 860.

PLZ let me know what you guys think I should do, and why one would be a better choice than the other, Thanks.
Sponsored

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
The K&N and TurboXS would largely be a waste of money. You’ll gain little to no power, and the OEM recirculating valve is more than adequate. Tune is the way to go

OP
OP
RIC3HUNT3R

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Lx"FK7" (Canadian spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The K&N and TurboXS would largely be a waste of money. You’ll gain little to no power, and the OEM recirculating valve is more than adequate. Tune is the way to go
This is true, but I would like some turbo "stu stu stu" noises as well, but I know it's more like a "shhtu" I'll see and look around more if its safe for the motor first. Thanks for replying!

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want more noise on the cheap, put a drop in filter, like a K&N... AEM... Green... something in the stock air box when your air filter is due for a change. It’s no BOV, but a drop-in will make the recirc/bypass valve sound a bit more huffy, they’re reusable so you won’t by more filters, it won’t make your car run pig rich and stumble every time you lift off the gas and is cheap. It’ll also be good for a few HP, though it’s unlikely to be enough to be in any way noticeable, other than the sound.

I bought my current Z with BOVs installed and had them removed in favor of the stock recircs. It was an improvement. The BOVs were awful at everything except for scaring people walking on the sidewalk and lifting right as you passed them by.

Then get the V2 and actually feel a difference.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Don't be "that guy" and install a BOV.

You want actual improved drivability? Get a Hondata or KTuner.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Look at something like the PRL or 27WON intake. I think the PRL would be louder, but the 27WON would be less prone to (potential) hydrolock issues.

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Im gonna be selling my ktuner v2 and im in GTA. You dont have to pay retail. If interested let me know.