What little tips and tricks do you know?

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
Something that most people might miss in the manual or never find out on their own.

For example there is a funnel in your tool kit (next to spare tire in the trunk) that can be used if you run out of gas and and need to use a fuel can.

Also there is a hidden key hole in the center console in case the shifter is locked in place. You have to use your actual key to unlock it.
I seem to have an empty slot in my tool kit as if I'm missing a tool. Is that normal?

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I feel REALLY dumb about this one but...for the entire time I've had my car, I thought the fan speed was only manual. As in you turn the temp dial to the temp you want but if you want it to blow more air out you have to go into the menu and dial it up, manually. But I missed the big fat AUTO button right there on the dial. It will automatically turn up the fan speed until your temperature is reached. So convenient.

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

Dean_TO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Its funny, since I got this car I've started going to McDonalds for my coffee. I can't stand the way Tim's cups leak all over my centre console
I was actually thinking that the other day. Their lids are terrible. They really need to start doing something about that.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was actually thinking that the other day. Their lids are terrible. They really need to start doing something about that.
Yeah, the McDonalds cups are awesome. They're thicker so they don't burn your hand and the lid is a lot more secure and easy to drink from. Tim's needs to get out of the 80's

calicivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 integra, 2012 benz c300, Honda civic 2016 WOP touring
I feel REALLY dumb about this one but...for the entire time I've had my car, I thought the fan speed was only manual. As in you turn the temp dial to the temp you want but if you want it to blow more air out you have to go into the menu and dial it up, manually. But I missed the big fat AUTO button right there on the dial. It will automatically turn up the fan speed until your temperature is reached. So convenient.
omg this totally saved me i've been doing it manually from the touch screen menu

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another little tip: There's a little narrow storage area near your right knee that is perfect for holding a pair of sunglasses (with the lenses facing upward). Not sure if it was designed for that, but it works great for me.

burns_erin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/Sensing
Country flag
Another little tip: There's a little narrow storage area near your right knee that is perfect for holding a pair of sunglasses (with the lenses facing upward). Not sure if it was designed for that, but it works great for me.
Since my phone is a touch big for the cubby in front of the shifter, that's where I settle my phone.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Besides McDonalds coffee is far better since Hortons changed their supplier.
I like them both, but my main beef with Tim Horton's aside from the awful cups is the inconsistency with the cream and sugar in my regular coffee. Sometimes I get one and it tastes like a black coffee, other times I feel like I'm drinking a triple-triple

myriad46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Do you know that point in a thread when you know it's probably safe to unsubscribe and not miss anything important.....can someone let me know when that is? I'm terrible at this sort of thing.
Sponsored