What little tips and tricks do you know?

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most people may already know these, but just in case:

- You can manually enable/disable the lanewatch camera by hitting the little button on the end of the turn signal
- You can do a quick 3-blink turn signal by lightly tapping the turn signal lever up or down (rather than clicking it fully into place)
- Satellite radio will cache all of your station presets for as long as you've had the car running (up to 1hr, I think) so if you switch channels, you can use the skip back button or drag the little slider to the left to go back in time then skip forward when you don't like a particular song.
- If you're experiencing the Touring subwoofer rattle, download this track to a USB drive to help the technicians easily replicate and test the rattling: http://www.civicx.com/attachments/rdb-woofer-test-sub-check-zip.4768/ (originally shared by @hondo )
- If your key fob no longer locks the doors, check to make sure all of the doors are fully closed. You'd think it would give you some error beeps or something in this case (my '06 Civic would honk the horn 3 times, but this was very annoying early in the morning). The new Civic just doesn't do anything when you try to lock the car if one door is open a crack.
- You can change the background/wallpaper of your infotainment home screen by following the instructions in this thread: http://www.civicx.com/threads/display-homescreen-wallpaper-thread.1544/
- You can also switch to an alternate homescreen skin and layout by entering the diagnostic mode. Be careful about changing other settings in here though. Press Audio+Brightness Button+Menu for 4 seconds then go to "Settings" and select "Change Skins." I didn't like the alternate skin, personally, but some people like the added functionality and customization.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Our stock windows are 70% tinted all around... Check its written on every window and windshields as well.....
It actually says Min 70%. The actual meter is 74-75% front and 77-78% back.

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if this is a trick or just me being dense and missing it in the manual:

If you leave your car in drive and turn off the car, the car beeps four times and the infotainment system keeps running.

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if this is a trick or just me being dense and missing it in the manual:

If you leave your car in drive and turn off the car, the car beeps four times and the infotainment system keeps running.
Yeah, this is a useful trick when you're parking for a while but want to keep listening to your music. I use this every day when I'm picking up my wife from work. I just hope it isn't bad for the transmission to shift it into park after the car is turned off.

Dapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Civic, 2008 Infiniti FX35,
Vehicle Showcase
What actual key? All I got were two fobs.
When the battery in the fob dies! The automatic unlock feature will NOT work!! You have to remove the key from the fob and manually unlock your door, put the key back in the fob, hold the key next to the push start button and the vehicle will start. Push start is effected by a dead battery!

Deleted member 3091

My favourite tip that I discovered later on is how you can double-tap and hold the unlock button on the key fob to open all windows and moonroof simultaneously. The longer you hold it, the more the windows will open. It's a great feature when approaching your car on a hot day but it also makes you feel a little like Batman. ;) Unfortunately you can't do the opposite with the lock button but you can use the actual key in the driver's door by turning it counter clock-wise twice and hold to close all windows and moonroof.
Does this work for the 2016 Honda Civic 4 Door LX? I can't test it yet because I just got the windows tinted. Thanks.

burns_erin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/Sensing
Country flag
Yeah, I am going to have to spend some time figuring this out, because there isn't even a key spot that I can see, just a rubber push button on the door handle.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Yeah, I am going to have to spend some time figuring this out, because there isn't even a key spot that I can see, just a rubber push button on the door handle.
There should be a spot for the key on the drivers door only

Florida_Frank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L; 2014 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Most people may already know these, but just in case:

- You can manually enable/disable the lanewatch camera by hitting the little button on the end of the turn signal...
I had the car for 3+ weeks before I discovered that one.

On my 2014 CR-V, I can use a "secret" menu button combo that brings up a hidden menu. From there, I can turn on the rear camera while I'm driving forward. Does anyone know of a menu button combination that does something similar for the Civic-X?

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
When the battery in the fob dies! The automatic unlock feature will NOT work!! You have to remove the key from the fob and manually unlock your door, put the key back in the fob, hold the key next to the push start button and the vehicle will start. Push start is effected by a dead battery!
Don't get concerned about the fob battery - the one in our '98 Civic EX is original, as is the one in our '12 Civic Si. Yeah the range is reduced from 100 ft or so but if you're within 25 ft the '98's still works.

burns_erin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/Sensing
Country flag
I don't know, but manually enabling the rear camera while driving forward should be possible because I accidentally did it the first week I got it. So either it was a quirky bug that has not been replicated, or there is a way.
Sponsored