What little tips and tricks do you know?

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Every 60K with a hot cleaning every year. The latter keeps the buildup manageable.

Hondata seems to think Honda timed the 1.5 with a reverse scavenging effect, so to speak. We'll see how things progress over the next few years.
I'm interested and curious about the method used for the cleaning. And it's effectiveness?
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm interested and curious about the method used for the cleaning. And it's effectiveness?
CRC GDI cleaner. In short, it works. We did a back-2-back test in the MS3 community and concluded that heat was a huge contributor associated with buildup. Subjecting cleaning agents to the same hot environment... that helped to break down carbon deposits into an oily residue that was more easily removed from the valves/runners.

It doesn't replace the need to remove the manifold. It just makes the maintenance much easier between cleanings (and limits buildup between cleanings). You can read more here:
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/for...-valve-cleaner-171399/index3.html#post2894549

Kokainen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EXT Black 2017
First time having push button start car.How do we handle going to car wash with push button start, no key?

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
First time having push button start car.How do we handle going to car wash with push button start, no key?
Is it a conveyor belt style where it pulls your car, or is it a touchless style (pull into a bay, and stop)? For the first scenario, they usually have you put the car in neutral with the engine running while the conveyor belt pulls your car through. For the second scenario, I'd just put my car in park and have the engine running.

You obviously need the key in the car to start it or put it into accessory mode, and keep the key in car while it's running.

Kokainen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EXT Black 2017
Is it a conveyor belt style where it pulls your car, or is it a touchless style (pull into a bay, and stop)? For the first scenario, they usually have you put the car in neutral with the engine running while the conveyor belt pulls your car through. For the second scenario, I'd just put my car in park and have the engine running.

You obviously need the key in the car to start it or put it into accessory mode, and keep the key in car while it's running.
It's the conveyor type. For key entry, usually have to give key to attendant, so I guess, for push button car, just leave key fob in car console.?

Kokainen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EXT Black 2017
When using Android Auto playing music like Pandora, there seems to be impossible to adjust directly sound settings? Do you find a way to adjust the sound settings like Bass or Treble?

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
It's the conveyor type. For key entry, usually have to give key to attendant, so I guess, for push button car, just leave key fob in car console.?
Ah, then yes. You can just leave the keyfob in the car.

For the car wash here, the attendants just do a pre-rinse before we drive onto the conveyor belt, and they make us shift into neutral. They don't get in the car.

BobM_Jr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Leave the fob in the car. I usually put it in the cup holder. The car washes are more than familiar with keyless cars now and will look for the fob.

There's no valet key, just two key fobs
There's a little slide switch on the back of the fob. Hold it over and pull out the top piece, there's a key there but it will only open the drivers door. It's good if your fob battery is dead.

Deleted member 3699

Pretty minor but I just noticed this after 3 weeks.

At the back of our armrest, when you raise it, there is a little stationary pocket to store change or something small. Much like the moveable one in size.
I like putting my extra coins into that slot.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
This is also pretty minor .. I noticed the cup holders in the centre console are different sizes. The back is slightly larger than the front.

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
Another thing about the e-brake. I think it activates the front wheels, not just the back.

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
My god, you guys know how to beat a dead horse. I'm sorry I even shared my little cover idea. I didn't know it was gonna be so controversial.
LOL I see this on another car forum that I am on. Hey it is a good idea. It work for some and may not for others. SO BE IT.
Sponsored