What is wrong with people??

1. scootibum

scootibum Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Car(s):
    FG2
    Crazy you bring this topic up. Yesterday I was driving and it is almost completely dark and I'm on a busy 4 highway in the city. I merge over to the slow lane and some guy is approaching quick with no lights on, I couldn't even really see him coming up because all the other cars headlights glaring in my mirror.

Rickmeister 48 and saz468 thanked this.
  2. saz468

saz468 Senior Member

First Name:
    Stan
    Car(s):
    2018 civic EX-T coupe
    Here’s another thing I noticed in Florida the Florida rains are terrible it come down hard and fast the streets and highways especially flood out real quick and you have a idiot doing 20 miles over the speed limit usually in a pickup no headlights on but the flasher on and always hydroplaning

86salmon thanked this.
  3. gtman

gtman Senior Member

CivicX addict
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Car(s):
    2017 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-L
    Erin Tyres and Gruber thanked this.
  4. c1vic

c1vic Member

First Name:
    Lee
    Car(s):
    Civic 2018 EX
    I see more people having high beams than no light at all lol. and it's annoying af

5. Axatax

Axatax Senior Member

Underwear model for JCPenny
    In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
    Car(s):
    2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
    I can't tell you how many times recently I've seen idiots driving with no lights on when it's pitch black dark outside.

Must have seen a BMW.

saz468 thanked this.
  6. saz468

saz468 Senior Member

First Name:
    Stan
    Car(s):
    2018 civic EX-T coupe
    #36 saz468, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    This is off subject not all BMW and Mercedes drivers are idiots. It’s unfortunate that for a few that the BMW & Mercedes emblems get to their heads and act like they own the road. And if you notice these drivers are not car enthusiast. A real car enthusiast will drive normal in traffic and use these cars performance at a track or on a Sunday morning drive. My gripe with both manufacturers is that they mass produce these cars. Years ago if you seen a BMW or Mercedes it was the wow factor because you hardly seen one ( for me it was the late 70s &80s) as for today you see them every where on the roads in Walmart parking lots actually I see more BMWs & Mercedes in a Walmart parking lot then a civic coupe new or old. Once these companies open both plants in South Carolina they’ve been stamping these cars and SUVs just as much as Honda with the civic and Hyundai with the Elantra ( btw I know someone that works in the Bmw plant in sc and he has stories) to me these cars are not exclusive anymore but this is my opinion. But then again I have a problem with the non use for work pickup truck community and that because the area I live in Florida is “TRUCK COUNTRY “
    And just to be fair once again not all BMW & merc drivers are idiots

7. Axatax

Axatax Senior Member

Car(s):
    I'm in Florida too, and the laws don't apply to German car drivers. Signals??? Fuck that!!! I'm in a BMW, beotch!!

Civics4Ever and saz468 thanked this.
  8. Axatax

Axatax Senior Member

Car(s):

saz468 thanked this.
  9. saz468

saz468 Senior Member

First Name:
    Stan
    Car(s):
    2018 civic EX-T coupe
    If you talking about not using turn signals that go’s from a BMW to a 18 wheeler including motorcycles 95 percent of the Florida drivers don’t use their turn singles. I guess that percentage Has ESP so they know when a driver is going to make a turn or change lanes as for the 5 percent you’re in the dark. I’ve seen school buses down here loaded with kids not using their turn signals

Axatax thanked this.
  10. saz468

saz468 Senior Member

First Name:
    Stan
    Car(s):
    2018 civic EX-T coupe
    Ha good one that BMW driver was a “BMW EMBLEM owner “ not a car enthusiast that guy should have been driving a Pontiac Aztec also:)

Axatax thanked this.
  11. 87elco

87elco Senior Member

First Name:
    Tj
    Car(s):
    1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
    Shhhhh don't tell anyone

12. 87elco

87elco Senior Member

First Name:
    Tj
    Car(s):
    1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
    That's how jersey does texting and driving I think the nation should follow suit. 500,1500 then bye bye license

Rickmeister 48 thanked this.
  13. latole

latole Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual

Car(s):
    Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
    Many don't know how to drive a car.

saz468 thanked this.
  14. Gruber

Gruber Senior Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L

Yeah, I figured this out some time ago and actually wrote about it on this and other forums. Older DRL's were often stupidly strong and lighted the road quite well just in front (but no tail lights of course), so many people, sometimes in rental cars, would drive hundreds of miles on those DRLs. If there is any increase of people driving without lights, it's caused by the increased complexity of car lighting. Few people can describe exactly how the lights/dashboard lighting in their car work: depending on lever position, engine on/off, door open/closed, safety belt, parking brake, timing, rain, lighting, current price of pork bellies.....

Unlit cars is mostly an urban area disease, because if the streets are well lighted all along, some people will never notice their lights are not on. I don't really see too much of it where I live. I couldn't drive to long without lights, because I need to drive through many totally dark areas. I'm grateful for auto high beams. But the closer I get to any downtown, the more crappy drivers I see. Totally dark cars are usually some kind of DUI.

Maroco thanked this.
  15. OP
    OP
    Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48 Senior Member

MI6
    First Name:
    Overlord
    Car(s):
    2018 civic ex-t
    I'm asking because i don't know, but how many other manufactures have the auto light function?
    Cause if most do,you have no excuse even if your one of these people who think they are on cause their dash is lit up.
    God,you had to turn lights on before all this auto stuff, so if your car doesn't have it, you STILL need to or just use it.
    And I see plenty of fools in older cars that don't even have DRL's with no headlights.
    I do remember years ago when this first started happening that there were things going around saying that you weren't too flash your lights at someone with theirs off cause it was some kind of gang thing and they were supposed to come after you, don't know if that's a bunch of crap or not but I hope not, cause it's one of the dumbest things I've heard.

saz468 thanked this.