First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
Yea, a bit too rapidly :(
Around here businesses have been expanding exponentially along my route to work. The amount of carelessness on the roads has grown to a point where I have to take a deep breath on every commute. You just never know when someone is either not paying attention or got pee in their cereal that morning and wants to make someone else's day miserable.

While I look forward to driving again, i do not look forward to commuting again o_O
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Early morning in the winter time mainly in Florida there’s a lot of fog. And a lot of people don’t have their headlights on and it’s always a silver or grey car so it blends in with the fog Also Florida has the headlight law when it rains and once again there very few and far between that put their headlights on

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Not exactly the same issue but the road that leads into my neighborhood is next to the woods so there's a lot of deer and animals that like to surprise you and run ac cross, so it's a good idea to use high beams in the dark on that road. But when there's car's oncoming, its just common knowledge to turn them off. But nope, can't tell you how many times I've been blinded by oncoming cars in the night with their high beams full blast. Same goes on another road near where I live, and it's even worse there because the road is narrow and surrounded by woods, its just plain dangerous.
Yeah same here most of the roads and highways I drive going home from work are dark and very little lightning and I always have someone with their high beams on usually a pickup which is worst

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I've done this a few times, the first time was in my dad's 2007 Accord. It didn't have automatic headlights like my 2004 Corolla so I drove about a minute before I realized the headlights weren't on. With my 2019 Civic, I've turned the Auto Headlights off, forgot I turned them off, and started driving without my headlights on. Luckily I always caught myself before leaving my apartment's parking lot.

Here in Georgia, in the town I live in, you rarely get anyone driving without their lights on. It's usually huge trucks with bright ass headlights

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People are lazy, stupid, and inconsiderate. I, on the other hand, turn my lights on whether it's night or day. Been doing that since the day I started driving. It's no extra effort to turn your lights on and can help others see you, even in the sunlight.

Every morning, it's still dark. I see probably 6 or 7 cars, minimum, without lights on when I drive to work. Then you have the opposite issue; all the lifted trucks have their brights on. Again, people suck. Also, why are you driving a huge lifted truck that you never haul, to, or go offroad with?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
my biggest pet peeve is people not having their lights on during the middle of the day and it's pouring rain outside.
it makes it such a pain in the butt to lane change cause i can't see them.

its like .... Hello? do you not want other cars to see you?

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As many cops as I see sitting doing nothing , you would think it would be easy for them to spot these fools.
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems this has really just become an issue or has increased mostly over the last 2-3 years. I don't really remember this happening when I was playing in bands and running the roads a lot at night.

Last edited:

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As many cops as I see sitting doing nothing , it would be easy for them to spot these fools.
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems this has really just become an issue or has increased mostly over the last 2-3 years. I don't really remember this happening when I was playing in bands and running the roads a lot at night.
I genuinely feel it is mostly distracted drivers worried more about catching pokemon (one example) on their way to work than actually paying attention to what's going on around them. I have nothing against pokemon, but with all the hands free tech in cars these days, it infuriates me when I see people looking down in their lap while rolling in traffic.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
As many cops as I see sitting doing nothing , it would be easy for them to spot these fools.
i personally think its due to the cluster lightning up when the car turns on even if the lights are off.

With older cars, if your parking lights wasn't on, the cluster was pitch black possibly reminding you to turn that thing on.
I genuinely feel it is mostly distracted drivers worried more about catching pokemon (one example) on their way to work than actually paying attention to what's going on around them. I have nothing against pokemon, but with all the hands free tech in cars these days, it infuriates me when I see people looking down in their lap while rolling in traffic.
i have to drive a bobtail truck for work sometimes and its crazy just how many people i see with a phone in their hands or on their lap looking at it while driving.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i personally think its due to the cluster lightning up when the car turns on even if the lights are off.

With older cars, if your parking lights wasn't on, the cluster was pitch black possibly reminding you to turn that thing on.

i have to drive a bobtail truck for work sometimes and its crazy just how many people i see with a phone in their hands or on their lap looking at it while driving.
It's almost a pre requisite these days to have your phone in your lap apparently. Car makers try to address it with new features, and drivers proceed to ignore the features. Drives me bananas.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's almost a pre requisite these days to have your phone in your lap apparently. Car makers try to address it with new features, and drivers proceed to ignore the features. Drives me bananas.
I don't know how hard it is to NOT use your phone in the car. I get in, choose what I'm going to listen to, and then my phone goes in the center console until I get to my destination. If someone is texting or calling, they can wait until I'm out of the car and I'll get back to them. Same with any social media (that I rarely use anyway).

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't know how hard it is to NOT use your phone in the car. I get in, choose what I'm going to listen to, and then my phone goes in the center console until I get to my destination. If someone is texting or calling, they can wait until I'm out of the car and I'll get back to them. Same with any social media (that I rarely use anyway).
That's how I drove years ago and my car did not read text messages. It just made calls and if someone wanted to talk to me immediately they can call me but when it comes to texting my phone stays in its place until I get to my destination or if I have a real hankering for responding I will pull over when safe but certainly not while driving.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The texting while driving and steering with your knees infuriates me to no end. If you do that, then your an idiot , your taking your and/or someone else's life in danger.
People think I'm a jerk cause I say if you get caught doing this, you should get a 500.00 fine AND get your license suspended for a year. You think that's a bit much, then don't do it.
I may be a jerk, but I'm not endangereing any one else's life by being stupid.
I just posted about the lights cause as someone mentioned, sometimes I can't or don't see them till the last minute.

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
i personally think its due to the cluster lightning up when the car turns on even if the lights are off. With older cars, if your parking lights wasn't on, the cluster was pitch black possibly reminding you to turn that thing on.
I agree with this 100%. Because the DRL's are on and the newer style clusters are lit no matter what, people don't realize they have no tail lights on, making them basically invisible. Also, most people are so reliant on auto lights these days, they forget to turn lights on manually if they are driving a car that doesn't have auto, or don't notice that auto somehow got turned off.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I see this constantly and it's annoying. morons on the interstate when it's pitch black in a black car and no headlights. TURN THEM ON.
Sponsored