First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't tell you how many times recently I've seen idiots driving with no lights on when it's pitch black dark outside.
And you can tell sometimes that they have to know they aren't on, I mean when you pull up next to them and the instrument cluster isn't even lit,come on. SMH
Is this something that these young kids think is cool too do now for some dumb reason?
I just can't figure people's stupidity much anymore.
Sponsored

Last edited:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I can't tell you how many times recently I've seen idiots driving with no lights on when it's pitch black dark outside.
And you can tell sometimes that they have to know they aren't on, I mean when you pull up next to them and the instrument cluster isn't even lit,come on. SMH
Is this something that there young kids is cool too do now for some dumb reason.
I just can't figure people's stupidity much anymore.
I see a lot of people driving along at night with their DRLs going but I just assume these idiots think their headlights are on. Not sure how you can help someone whose cluster isn't even lit.

DieNasti

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Yeah I don't know how people don't realize their lights aren't on. I've been driving my wife's Jeep lately and it doesn't have auto lights feature like my Accord does. I've caught myself twice (both times leaving a gas station after filling up) driving without lights. It takes me less the 50 feet after turning onto a road to realize my lights aren't on. I've felt like the biggest idiot both times.

I've also noticed people whose lights are on except the taillights, or maybe it's what REBELXSI is referring to, can't remember right now, but I don't know how people don't understand how to use their light stick (whatever that's called).

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My wife and I were just talking about this the other day! It drives me nuts.
It’s usually as it’s getting dark/almost dark and they are in la la land just driving on.
Even if you can see the road because of other lights, you’d think they would notice the dark ass gauge cluster!!
Forgetting to turn on the lights is very common for someone who’s been drinking and police know and look out for this.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Ditto, i think its people used to automatic headlights and accidentally mistake DRLs for their headlights, which can be extra bright in "day" mode. A lot of clusters light up even during the day these days and they cant even tell other than the cluster might be a little too bright.

They probably dont realize the headlight indicator isnt lit. I wouldn't bill them as malicious. Just oblivious.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ditto, i think its people used to automatic headlights and accidentally mistake DRLs for their headlights, which can be extra bright in "day" mode. A lot of clusters light up even during the day these days and they cant even tell other than the cluster might be a little too bright.

They probably dont realize the headlight indicator isnt lit. I wouldn't bill them as malicious. Just oblivious.
The majority of people I see, are in older cars that don’t have DRLs or automatic headlights. Just zombies out for a ride.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Most likely this happens because they're too busy texting and driving to notice their lights aren't on (or that it's dark outside). :eek:

Last edited:

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I've got the opposite problem, I'm surrounded by morons that don't know what their High Beam Indicator means, hell some of these people drive around ALL DAY even when it's SUNNY (like not a cloud in the sky) at 3 in the afternoon with their high beams on.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Not exactly the same issue but the road that leads into my neighborhood is next to the woods so there's a lot of deer and animals that like to surprise you and run ac cross, so it's a good idea to use high beams in the dark on that road. But when there's car's oncoming, its just common knowledge to turn them off. But nope, can't tell you how many times I've been blinded by oncoming cars in the night with their high beams full blast. Same goes on another road near where I live, and it's even worse there because the road is narrow and surrounded by woods, its just plain dangerous.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And the answer is...There are assholes in this world and that part of our population is increasing rapidly.

Bosco72

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
Just drove home pitch black truck no lights they don't realize it's dark in there car

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My parents do this a lot, and usually when they leave the house I'll call them to let them know. They're forgetful and don't notice since they're in the city, bless their hearts, lol.

However, on back roads with no lights, well, that's a different story. that pisses me off. How the hell do you see in pitch black with DRLs?!?! I have a hard enough time with yellow halogen low beams let alone f****** DRLs. I've almost smoked a few of them too. Were it not for my high beams I probably would've killed them.