What is Ktuner?

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got a HB sport manual, and start following this forum. I have seen people talking about Ktuner, mind me ask what exact is it? What does it do to the car? I have little to none car modification experience... and would like to slowly getting into that now.
Could any of you here give me some pointer?
Thank you
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got a HB sport manual, and start following this forum. I have seen people talking about Ktuner, mind me ask what exact is it? What does it do to the car? I have little to none car modification experience... and would like to slowly getting into that now.
Could any of you here give me some pointer?
Thank you
It is a device and software suite that allows modification of software internal to the ECU to enhance performance by modifying a variety of parameters such as boost pressure, fueling, ignition timing, etc... and the monitoring of parameters.

http://ktuner.com

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everything about your engine is now controlled by your car's computer. It is called the Engine Control Unit (ECU) It controls the ignition timing, fuel injection, valve timing, turbo boost pressure, turbo waste gate control and throttle position among other things. The Ktuner is a device that hooks into you car's port to download different programs(tunes) in your ECU to give it more performance. It can advance timing if you are using premium gas and increase boost. It can spool your turbo faster to reach boost targets. It can change the throttle response to your peddle to make it more responsive. I bought a tune that I used Ktuner to load into my ECU that gave me 50 more horsepower and 80 more pounds of torque! It also allows me to take more advantage of premium gas that I buy. In other words Ktuner is just hardware and software that allows you, or a tuner on the net, to retune your car for better performance. Ktuner also comes with a few base tunes that you can load to get started.

OP
OP
123sillyboy123

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everything about your engine is now controlled by your car's computer. It is called the Engine Control Unit (ECU) It controls the ignition timing, fuel injection, valve timing, turbo boost pressure, turbo waste gate control and throttle position among other things. The Ktuner is a device that hooks into you car's port to download different programs(tunes) in your ECU to give it more performance. It can advance timing if you are using premium gas and increase boost. It can spool your turbo faster to reach boost targets. It can change the throttle response to your peddle to make it more responsive. I bought a tune that I used Ktuner to load into my ECU that gave me 50 more horsepower and 80 more pounds of torque! It also allows me to take more advantage of premium gas that I buy. In other words Ktuner is just hardware and software that allows you, or a tuner on the net, to retune your car for better performance. Ktuner also comes with a few base tunes that you can load to get started.
Is it hard to tune it? I seriously have no idea how to do it.. do I need to upgrade any other thing in order to have more power?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it hard to tune it? I seriously have no idea how to do it.. do I need to upgrade any other thing in order to have more power?
No other mods are required. A tuner is by far the best bang for your buck upgrade you can make on the 1.5T engine.

They make it very easy to use with included base maps. Advanced options are also available for those that are experienced or are willing to learn.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
You'll love it! Use to be called EFI programmers, came in piggy back or stand alone style. Not sure what they call em now a day, Tuners?

Makes the car how it should have come. I'm really impressed with the stock KTuner maps, you can tell them they spent a lot if time on them. Been using/datalogging all weekend long and the car runs great and all stats look good. Tunes are very safe and you can tell they focused on drivability alot! That's great!

I'd have no reservations!

The datalogging is awesome in either KTuner and TunerView Android App.

Best Tuning system I've used without getting into high tech Motec stuff etc....

Here is a video showing the UI, how easy it is to flash, & all the maps your Civic should have.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only thing you may need is a windows laptop to install the Ktuner software and connect the the Ktuner car for the first time. I bought a used laptop off of Ebay for $200. With the larger Ktuner V2 you can get by with just a windows desktop. You then choose one of the tunes that come with the software and download it into the car. Before you download the tune, you can check one of the several boxes available to disable rev hang, spool faster, increase throttle response, etc... It is just that easy to check or uncheck boxes. Then you save your selections and then download the tune into the car. You don't need anything else. There is an android app that can use the ktuner hardware via bluetooth to monitor car parameters and download up to 5 different tunes that you loaded into the Ktuner hardware. It can also load the stock tune back into the car. The app is optional and only costs $5 for Ktuner protocols. I often like to hook up my android phone to my V1.2 Ktuner dongle to monitor intake air temps, car battery voltages and such when I am driving.

toothless_2017

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
So to kinda tag along with sillyboy i've been reading up on tuners but if someone here to set things straight for me that would be awesome. I got an SI 2017 completely stock still and I put 91 gas in it. I wouldn't have to change anything if I went ahead and flashtuned it right?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Not if you used a basemap. Those are off the shelf, conservative tunes that can be used by anyone to improve performance. If you had a professional create a custom tune for you, you could have them tweak it in such a way as to get even more power at the cost of having to use higher octane.

Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2019 Sprot
Country flag
is it worth using tuner on my civic sport sedan 2019 2.0L?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
is it worth using tuner on my civic sport sedan 2019 2.0L?
If you want more power and driveability... yes. But, since you have a '19, it might be a bit of a wait until KTuner has compatibility with your ECU.

Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2019 Sprot
Country flag
If you want more power and driveability... yes. But, since you have a '19, it might be a bit of a wait until KTuner has compatibility with your ECU.
Thanks
Sponsored