What is everyone's Monthly Payments? This should be fun!

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
I mean if you're not taking that into consideration when purchasing you're making a mistake. Unless of course you just like throwing away money. Which you have every right to. It's yours after all. However when giving advice to someone you should always want to give the best advice.
I simply said there’s some terrible decisions, I didn’t single anyone out and I defended the Mustang for what it is. I provided no advice.

The conversation was no more than that but if you’re looking for an answer the answer is buy the cheapest, reliable beater you can find. Invest the money in index funds or bonds. It depending on the level of risk you feel comfortable taking and how much time you want to invest watching the market while managing your portfolio.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
534 per month 72 month loan at 4 percent apr 6k down

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Mustang GT will lose 50% of it's value once it's driven off the lot.

The Type R retains 84% of it within several years, according to motor trend. Whether it hangs with a M4 or not has no bearing on financial decisions,.

But I do not disagree with you.
Me thinks you should get info somewhere other then motor trend. My Mustang GT was 49k msrp. After yada yada and discounts and blah blah I paid 42k out the door. I can sell it right now for 36k. As it is a fully loaded everything option car. That's far from a 50% loss. in comparison this mythical resale value of the type R. and now this is dependant on location but. I went to 15 plus dealers with my R and the top top price I could get was 31K for a 17. The average price trade in I've seen is 33 to 34k for 19s. ( so there is a 3k different there just for 3 years). Now considering people are paying 42 to as high as 44k out the door the Type R is a bigger loss. or the people who did pay 5 to 10k adm their loss is definitely higher than a Mustang. Now granted 3 years from now mine will be worth less but so will the type R. The resales are on par with anything else of any substance. Its not a magical unicorn of a car. Yes the initial drop in value on a mustang is more but they even out over the years.

IN 10 years yes the Type R will be worth more then the Mustang but bet yeah both will be worth less than 16k. And in 10 years who cares none of us will have the type R then anyway because some other new shiny will come out that better. If honda comes out with a new s2000 I see lots of dedicated Type R owners dropping their Im keeping it forever and trading it in lol.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Me thinks you should get info somewhere other then motor trend. My Mustang GT was 49k msrp. After yada yada and discounts and blah blah I paid 42k out the door. I can sell it right now for 36k. As it is a fully loaded everything option car. That's far from a 50% loss. in comparison this mythical resale value of the type R. and now this is dependant on location but. I went to 15 plus dealers with my R and the top top price I could get was 31K for a 17. The average price trade in I've seen is 33 to 34k for 19s. ( so there is a 3k different there just for 3 years). Now considering people are paying 42 to as high as 44k out the door the Type R is a bigger loss. or the people who did pay 5 to 10k adm their loss is definitely higher than a Mustang. Now granted 3 years from now mine will be worth less but so will the type R. The resales are on par with anything else of any substance. Its not a magical unicorn of a car. Yes the initial drop in value on a mustang is more but they even out over the years.

IN 10 years yes the Type R will be worth more then the Mustang but bet yeah both will be worth less than 16k. And in 10 years who cares none of us will have the type R then anyway because some other new shiny will come out that better. If honda comes out with a new s2000 I see lots of dedicated Type R owners dropping their Im keeping it forever and trading it in lol.
hurr durr compare my bargain basement GT pricing with no substantive evidence with magical ADMs that nobody is paying anymore! Let me pull #'s out of my ass that make me seem right!!

In your own example, a 2017 Type R has practically no depreciation. Dealer Trade-in is not a good measure, private sale is a good measure. At 31k, that means your 2 year old car could sell privately for about 34k, which is right around MSRP of a 2017 Civic Type R. Practically 0 depreciation if you bought at MSRP, which plenty of people did. Compared to $6k with your incentivized sale for *just driving off the fucking lot* in your GT. Or $13k if you paid sticker. Not even considering mileage, just for driving off the lot.

Twisting yourself into knots over bad depreciation. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

MonsterBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
hurr durr compare my bargain basement GT pricing with no substantive evidence with magical ADMs that nobody is paying anymore! Let me pull #'s out of my ass that make me seem right!!

In your own example, a 2017 Type R has practically no depreciation. Dealer Trade-in is not a good measure, private sale is a good measure. At 31k, that means your 2 year old car could sell privately for about 34k, which is right around MSRP of a 2017 Civic Type R. Practically 0 depreciation if you bought at MSRP, which plenty of people did. Compared to $6k with your incentivized sale for *just driving off the fucking lot* in your GT. Or $13k if you paid sticker. Not even considering mileage, just for driving off the lot.

Twisting yourself into knots over bad depreciation. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Honda Civic 10th gen What is everyone's Monthly Payments? This should be fun! 20191025_090137

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
We should stop criticizing people on their monthly payments. This thread was supposed to be more informational and fun.
this is the internet unfortunately. Like i said, people need to stop worrying about how others are spending their money.

Apparently, we are all financial advisers here.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
585 a month, 72 months, 5k down. I put more money on every payment so I can knock that principal down. Hoping to pay it off early. :D

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
The interesting thing about this topic is other than adm and accessories we all paid New about give or take a few hundred dollars the same price for the car since it's been rock steady priced since the start. so really other than trade in and interest and cash down and blah blah blah in the end we all are paying just about the same thing for the car so we are all just really taking different paths to the same end result. So really is funny to see some criticize others. When at the end of the day we are all paying dang near the exact same thing for the car once paid for.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
389 a month
Sponsored