r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The only cold air intake I can really recommend is the PRL Cobra, as it's the only one that provides legitimate gains based on the available data and reliability of tests. That, and the fuel trims and IATs are fantastic. It's expensive, but the best parts usually are.

This situation is a testament to the things I've been seeing here lately though. You ordered an intake before you got an answer to your original question, as well as failing to do any decent research on the subject. This is how people hurt their car or performance and waste money.

I don't mean to seem harsh by pointing it out, so don't take it as a dig. I'm saying this for everyone in your situation. The MAP intake won't hurt your car (it's not the best but the car will be fine) but please be a little more careful and practice due diligence when modifying your car. If you have questions, ask them before buying or installing. It'll save you a lot of trouble.
Sponsored

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Yeah I just can’t get on board for $420 shipped for a CAI. I guess I’ll just stick with this one and see what happens lol
No, don't, it will suck.

If you want a little bit more for a lot less, just get a high flow filter (since it looks like you already have a silicone tube). AEM and AFE make good ones.

Use the money you save to buy a one-piece strut bar from a good company like Ultra Racing.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So this isn’t a cold air intake?

I ordered a MAPerformance one because I wasn’t sure if this was one or not. Looks like I was right
If you go with a more aggressive tune with your intake, get yourself an aftermarket intercooler. Despite your car breathing in warmer air, the intercooler will do the work to remove the hot air being picked up from the engine bay. The stock intercooler is overworked with a more aggressive tune than stock and an short ram intake.
Sponsored