What happened?

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The thread with the guy who had his engine fail an hour after an oil change disappeared. What did I miss? So many of these blown engine threads vaporize. :rofl:
Sponsored

OP
OP
jgreen16

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope, that's it. I've been away for a couple of days and was looking for it, but couldn't find it. Thought I went back far enough, but obviously not. Thanks!

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Honestly somebody needs to make a thread telling everybody to chill. Because everyone thinks their shits gonna blow up at 60k and our cars arent reliable. Which is bullshit. They should be perfectly fine if not abused.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
These 1.5's aren't as stout as the b and k series engines were.
That judgement really can't be made until more people start to reach 100k. At this point there is not enough data to come to that conclusion. Most of the blown 1.5 T engines I've seen so far were modified and abused. Very abused. This is one of the unique cases I've seen where there is no evidence of abuse. I am still of the belief that the dealership messed up but are not admitting it.

It will take at least 5 years to collect data to determine realizability or lack of. I'm in the camp that this car will be reliable in the long run...as long as it's not abused. Unfortunately this is an easy car to abuse.

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
These 1.5's aren't as stout as the b and k series engines were.
MAPerformance is running 30-40psi on stock motor, making 500hp. Like I've said before and many others have as well.. it's the torque killing these motors.

BrashSi

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Sedan in Aegean Blue, 2012 Ridgeline EX-L, 2018 Civic Si Sedan in Aegean Blue(sold), 2004 S2000 NFR (sold),
Country flag
MAPerformance is running 30-40psi on stock motor, making 500hp. Like I've said before and many others have as well.. it's the torque killing these motors.
Pretty sure their 500HP motor is built after they popped their 400HP stock long-block. I thought I read they did every bolt-on tune possible and got it to 400ish WHP and then they blew it up and went to fully built internals and are making 500HP?

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Pretty sure their 500HP motor is built after they popped their 400HP stock long-block. I thought I read they did every bolt-on tune possible and got it to 400ish WHP and then they blew it up and went to fully built internals and are making 500HP?
Not entirely sure. I know once they blew their motor they dropped a stock motor back in for R&D purposes. Unless they've blown two now, which I don't think they have. They said that directly in one of their videos that instead of dropping a built motor in they were going to put a stock motor back in.
Sponsored