What features do you like best about your Civic?

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
So what features do you like best on your model. Not all apply below. What works to your likening? Where Honda got it right. What makes you a die hard Civic fan? And, maybe what is not so good. Post away. Let's here it! Tell your story. The floor is yours........

Back-Up Camera

Cruise Control

Adaptive Cruise Control

Vehicle Anti-Theft System

Fog Lamps

Auto-Off Headlights

Keyless Start

Remote Engine Start

Adjustable Steering Wheel

Steering Wheel Controls

Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel

Trip Computer

Universal Garage Door Opener

Intermittent Wipers

Rain Sensing Wipers

Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers

Keyless Entry

Power Door Locks

Electrochromic rearview mirror

Heated Mirrors

Power Mirrors

Driver Vanity Mirror

Driver Illuminated Vanity Mirror

Passenger Vanity Mirror

Passenger Illuminated Visor Mirror

Power Steering

AM/FM Stereo

Auxiliary Audio Input

HD Radio

MP3 Player

Satellite Radio

Smart Device Integration

Dual Zone A/C

Navigation System

Onboard Hands-Free Communications System

Wireless Cell Phone Hookup

Leather Seats

Heated Front Seats

Heated Rear Seat

Power Driver Seat

Power Passenger Seat

Pass-Through Rear Seat

2nd Row Bench Seat

Bucket Seats

Brake Assist

Electronic Stability Control

Daytime Running Lights

Child Safety Locks

Integrated Turn Signal Mirrors

Traction Control

Lane Departure Warning

Lane Keeping Assist
Sponsored

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PRO: Even though lots of other cars have this feature, the back up camera is my favorite upgrade. My last car was the 02 Civic SI with 5% tint all around, so reversing at night included a prayer every time since I could not see anything at all. Now with a rear camera, I have no worries at all so I have become an atheist.

CON: Every since I got the car I noticed a rattle on my left side of the dash. I see that many other hatch owners have the same issue. Every time I drop it to the dealership, they cannot identify the issue. Since it requires a cold start to reproduce, I had to leave it overnight. The next morning they'll give me a call saying they cannot reproduce the problem. Did this twice, then I gave up and just lived with the noise.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
On my Si, my favorites are: LaneWatch (I know others feel differently but I feel like I am missing something when I get into any other car now), Sport Seats (incredible), Back up camera with trajectory, keyless entry and auto-locking (despite the auto-lock being finnicky).

Less known features that I appreciate: Ability to change infotainment background and theme, hold "unlock" button on your key for all 4-windows and sunroof to open (usually relegated to only fancy german cars and VW).

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
PRO: Even though lots of other cars have this feature, the back up camera is my favorite upgrade. My last car was the 02 Civic SI with 5% tint all around, so reversing at night included a prayer every time since I could not see anything at all. Now with a rear camera, I have no worries at all so I have become an atheist.

CON: Every since I got the car I noticed a rattle on my left side of the dash. I see that many other hatch owners have the same issue. Every time I drop it to the dealership, they cannot identify the issue. Since it requires a cold start to reproduce, I had to leave it overnight. The next morning they'll give me a call saying they cannot reproduce the problem. Did this twice, then I gave up and just lived with the noise.
I also had a rattle, my dealership re insulated the A pillar, I found that my tweeter on the A pillar was a bit loose.

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also had a rattle, my dealership re insulated the A pillar, I found that my tweeter on the A pillar was a bit loose.
Damn, I have even showed videos of my dash rattling and reported it each time I brought it in for service and each time they told me that they would need to reproduce it in order to service it. The best they could do at the moment was to just document it.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, I have even showed videos of my dash rattling and reported it each time I brought it in for service and each time they told me that they would need to reproduce it in order to service it. The best they could do at the moment was to just document it.
This dealerspeak for "I don't want to be bothered".

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Pros: The dash & interior look nicer than my Dodge Charger. Everything is black in the Charger. The Civic in mostly black, but the headliner & pillars are light colored which makes the cabin look brighter. And the dash has nicer trim.

Cons: The only interior color choice was black. No “real” power passenger seats available. The power passenger seat on the top of the line Touring model only moves forward & backward, there is no height or tilt adjustment. So I bought the next level down.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I love the cruise control system and the button placement on the wheel. It's much easier to use, at least for me, than in any other car I've driven.

S7N57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Country flag
TBH my favorite feature on the whole car is Apple Carplay & Waze.

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
On my si I absolutely love the interior. It’s very comfortable. I really like the apple car play and the lane watch as well.

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
I like beating more expensive cars off the line. So therefore I like the brake launch feature and sport mode and the paddle shifters.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Definitely none of the above but Auto High Beams. Works great and how could I drive without it before? Very unsafe.

The one I dont’t care about and don’t use is Auto AC. Blows like crazy on cold engine which is stupid.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Those darn rattles. Mine came from the factory with an annoying, non-stop sunroof rattle, and rattles in the A-pillars (both sides). My dealer actually did a great job of fixing the issue and went above and beyond to pad the subwoofer area to eliminate that rattle, too.

I get that annoying feedback buzz from the center speaker others are experiencing in the Si, but it's intermittent and hard to replicate for the dealer.

Agree with everyone else who loves the interior. There's something calming about the design. I've gotten into luxury cars where the materials were obviously nicer but the design didn't flow as well, which made for less relaxing of a drive.

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
So far no rattles. Hate those. If I had them I would buy a stethoscope to find them. Or turn up the radio which is on all the time. Classical or Opera. Hard to listen at low volume. 2019 Touring. If it starts to rattle I will trade it for a high end car. So far no issues. The car is my sanctuary. Spend two hours a day in her. Call me crazy but it is what it is. A quiet car is my therapy. Cheaper than seeing a shrink.
Sponsored