What do you think the Type R is missing?

Which features do you think the Type R is missing?

• All Wheel Drive (option or standard)

Votes: 79 25.5%
  • Automatic Transmission option

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • Heated seats

Votes: 71 22.9%
  • Sunroof

Votes: 61 19.7%
  • (North America market only) Honda Sensing

Votes: 63 20.3%
  • Factory performance parts (like HPD)

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • Power Seats

Votes: 43 13.9%
  • 5th seat in back

Votes: 44 14.2%
  • Cooled seats

Votes: 38 12.3%
  • 18/19 inch wheel package

Votes: 126 40.6%
  • Stock all season tire option

Votes: 56 18.1%
  • Alternate body style (sedan/coupe)

Votes: 29 9.4%
  • Better infotainment system

Votes: 99 31.9%
  • None, I think the Type R perfect as is

Votes: 22 7.1%

• Total voters

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
you can clutch in and shift if it's struggling to get up to speed or going to stall but yeah it's not really the "best".

I don't really NEED sensing but I don't mind having it. LKAS and BSM is just nice to have. Especially when it's on the car everywhere else in the world. As always, cars in the USA gets a neutered version. Although i do understand folks who plan on using it solely for tracks prefers to not have it.

I also forgot another thing. I wish the car had auto folding mirrors stock.
Sponsored

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want Lane Watch but on the list I chose better infotainment system.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
I only want lane watch because I had it in my 10th gen Si before trading up and fell in love with it. A faster, more attractive infotainment would be nice. Sunroof. Finally, an exhaust note.

With that being said, I LOVE my car.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I only want lane watch because I had it in my 10th gen Si before trading up and fell in love with it. A faster, more attractive infotainment would be nice. Sunroof. Finally, an exhaust note.

With that being said, I LOVE my car.
Yeah, I miss lane watch too coming from my coupe touring. I don’t know why people hate it so much. Although, Hyundai/Kia have a similar system in the Palisade/Telluride that shows not only the right side camera, but the left as well, and it it displays it in the dashboard! Extremely clever, basically a more “finished” version of Lanewatch.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Yeah, I miss lane watch too coming from my coupe touring. I don’t know why people hate it so much. Although, Hyundai/Kia have a similar system in the Palisade/Telluride that shows not only the right side camera, but the left as well, and it it displays it in the dashboard! Extremely clever, basically a more “finished” version of Lanewatch.
i had lane watch on my 9th gen si. It's ok for what it is i guess. I didn't really care for it.
The asymmetrical mirrors left to right bothered me also lol.

Honda supposedly didn't put the lane watch on the left side because you wouldn't and shouldn't really be looking to the right where your infotainment is to see whats on your left. It's not suppose to replace looking over your shoulder to lane change but to assist you in lane changing.

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I guess the real icing on the cake would of been some type of blind spot monitoring.

an AWD variant would of been interesting but this car is so good as it is.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I wish the Type R came with the camera on the passenger side mirror. That’s about it.

theDUOCsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x
Lane watch is what I miss from my Si and I think blind spot monitoring would have been great as well.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
I guess I'm the only guy that thinks the Type R is perfect as-is. Any of this extra fluff would have brought up MSRP. 18/19 inch wheel package and a spare would have been a nice option, if I had to choose one.
You’re not alone. The lack of amenities makes the Type Rs barebones lineage continue. It was always meant as a streetable race car. I’m fine with radio and AC which were both options on Type Rs of the 90s and early 2000s.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Heated/cooled seats, heated more than cooled, since this is my DD year round and winters can be a little nasty. Blind spot monitors because of the damn C pillar, the rest of the Honda Sensing crap isn't needed IMO (not that it isn't nice to have). A place to put my sun glasses gosh darn it! Louder, maybe active exhaust.

movovr

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Active exhaust is the one I wish for. Sunroof would have been nice too but I can live without that. The stereo and lack of base sucked but that was easily fixed.

More noise please with some crackles and pops. Heck, if Hyundai can do it on the veloster n Honda should/could have done it mucho better.

JDMJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR #26226
Country flag
18in tire/and all season tire option all day. Living in a snow state at least give me all season tires. Not all of us are track kings.
Sponsored