What do you lose when you disconnect the battery?

MikeT781

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback, 2015 Pilot EX-L
Installing an amp and sub in my 2017 EX Hatch this weekend. Anyone know what settings are lost when you disconnect the battery?

In my last car it was really just the radio presets, but this car has so much tied into the Infotainment system I wasn't sure about other things.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

cmanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installing an amp and sub in my 2017 EX Hatch this weekend. Anyone know what settings are lost when you disconnect the battery?

In my last car it was really just the radio presets, but this car has so much tied into the Infotainment system I wasn't sure about other things.

Any ideas?
@MikeT781 my experience with my EX amp/sub install was that you don't lose anything. You will just get a message after you reconnect to drive around and let the GPS calibrate. All other settings are retained. Good luck on install....where you planning on mounting your amp and sub, and where you tapping in for signal?

OP
OP
MikeT781

MikeT781

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback, 2015 Pilot EX-L
@MikeT781 my experience with my EX amp/sub install was that you don't lose anything. You will just get a message after you reconnect to drive around and let the GPS calibrate. All other settings are retained. Good luck on install....where you planning on mounting your amp and sub, and where you tapping in for signal?
Thanks for the input! Going to put the amp and sub in the hatch. In between the wheel wells for the most part, near the seats. Still batting around ideas for the shape of the box and if I want to forward fire, upward fire, or rear fire. Going to be a single 10" so it probably won't matter much.

Going to tap the rear door speakers to an Lc2i that will be mounted near the amp.
Sponsored