What did you pay?

Bigboss954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx-7
So its official, on Saturday I go to the dealership to purchase my 2017 ex-t. I think the offer was $21,985.76 or something. I got till Saturday, so does anyone know how I can possibly lower that price by upto $600 or more. Also if I wanted some added goodies tossed in, how do I even ask about that?
Sponsored

junk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lexus, Ford
This was exactly what I had in mind: At least $2,000 difference if I would buy 2016 in December. The best offer I got for the 2016 Ex with Honda Sensing was $21,000 (out of the door). I felt $1,000 difference was not motivating enough but I was not able to do any better.
Which dealer did you go to in OC? I live in San Diego, did you check there too?

glostix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars are against my religion.
Wanted a Hatch Sport and found there was not much negotiating room on this car because it's too new and limited. That and 1st model year, so unfortunately won't be joining yall as Civic owners, at least for a couple years. Bought a Camry SE instead. Sorry but Honda is just being too cocky with pricing when Camry is like 5,000 off MSRP right now. Yes, completely different car, but call me old-fashioned... I can't stomach paying ~$4,000 more for a lower tier car, Civic is supposed to compete with Corolla.

If anyone is in the Bay Area and wants my master list of 20-something internet sales managers' e-mails for all the Honda dealers here (so you can mass e-mail them and CC each other to negotiate down to the lowest price) hit me up via PM. I hope at least if I can't get a good deal, somebody can :)

In8x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So its official, on Saturday I go to the dealership to purchase my 2017 ex-t. I think the offer was $21,985.76 or something. I got till Saturday, so does anyone know how I can possibly lower that price by upto $600 or more. Also if I wanted some added goodies tossed in, how do I even ask about that?
Are you trading anything in? When my sales manager wouldn't budge on the price I started giving them a hard time about my trade. If you have a good argument there often times they will take a hit on the trade and keep the sale price as is. But in essence you're still getting your savings.

Bigboss954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx-7
Are you trading anything in? When my sales manager wouldn't budge on the price I started giving them a hard time about my trade. If you have a good argument there often times they will take a hit on the trade and keep the sale price as is. But in essence you're still getting your savings.
No, I have no trade in. This will be my first official car I got myself. So it was worth a shot to try and see my options before Saturday.

raygold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
No, I have no trade in. This will be my first official car I got myself. So it was worth a shot to try and see my options before Saturday.
What is the invoice price? There is no need to have a Saturday deadline. You can shop as far and wide as you like before you spend your hard earned $. Don't let dealers set deadlines. YOU set deadlines, not them.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The Honda dealer was HUGE, I'm talking massive inventory. At least 200 Civics. They had a ton of '16s on the lot when '17s have been coming off trucks. The '17s were about 1200 more expensive, and had the deal on a '16 not been so great, I'd have bought a '17 EX-T Coupe with a proper 6 speed.
So you bought a deal instead of a car? What a damn shame.

Bigboss954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx-7
What is the invoice price? There is no need to have a Saturday deadline. You can shop as far and wide as you like before you spend your hard earned $. Don't let dealers set deadlines. YOU set deadlines, not them.
He didn't set the deadline. I did. I have to get it by this weekend as my girlfriend will begin working in her field of study and we work off two different schedules. Umm
He didn't set the deadline. I did. I have to get it by this weekend as my girlfriend will begin working in her field of study and we work off two different schedules. Umm the invoice I believe (I could be wrong) was at $23,135.

raygold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
He didn't set the deadline. I did. I have to get it by this weekend as my girlfriend will begin working in her field of study and we work off two different schedules. Umm

He didn't set the deadline. I did. I have to get it by this weekend as my girlfriend will begin working in her field of study and we work off two different schedules. Umm the invoice I believe (I could be wrong) was at $23,135.
You need to find out the actual invoice. There are several online sources. If you are truly getting it for this much below invoice then you are getting a terrific deal. That said I find it very hard to believe they are selling this car for this much under invoice. What do others here think?

Bigboss954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx-7
You need to find out the actual invoice. There are several online sources. If you are truly getting it for this much below invoice then you are getting a terrific deal. That said I find it very hard to believe they are selling this car for this much under invoice. What do others here think?
I'm trying to find out the actual invoice now. Which sources are the best to use

So I used Edmunds, and idk if the "promise price" would be accurate but even that is $22,885 and I was offered $21,985 or something.

Edit: as of today and some back in forth with the two dealers I was dealing with. Got it down to $21,499. Going to call tomorrow to make sure this is OTD price all taxes included.

Last edited:

Derstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
So you bought a deal instead of a car? What a damn shame.
Is it? I'm super happy with the EX Sedan. After the SI reveal I'm honestly a bit relieved that I didn't buy the EX-T Coupe. Now I can buy an SI in a few months and get what I really want. Also, the demand for '17s in a few months will drop a bit, and should push the discounts offered higher. I've been down the car > deal road, and ended up being stuck with it due to no demand. Now I've got the most popular style to offer for trade in with the most popular options. Should offer a lower depreciation percentage compared to a manual coupe when it comes to trade in.

Think about the flood of 1.5T coupes with a manual sitting on the lot from trade ins when the SI/R are dropped. The deal wasn't just for this car, it was a deal looking into where I want to be this time next year.

mzebby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Si
Hi everyone,

I live in Toronto Ontario and I have an offer on a 2017 Civic Sedan Touring and wondering what the forum thinks. This offer is straight for the vehicle only, no warranty, no wheel locks, no mats or trunk tray:

Invoice price: $25,610.00

Dealer offer: $26,291.68
Fees: $1,735 (I know $1,595 is freight and $100 is AC tax, so the other $40 is whatever)
= $28,026.68
HST (13%) = $3,643.49
OTD = $31,610.15

The dealer offer vs. invoice price is a 2.5% profit and I've read a 3-5% is typical...so this looks like a good deal to me

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Hi everyone,

I live in Toronto Ontario and I have an offer on a 2017 Civic Sedan Touring and wondering what the forum thinks. This offer is straight for the vehicle only, no warranty, no wheel locks, no mats or trunk tray:

Invoice price: $25,610.00

Dealer offer: $26,291.68
Fees: $1,735 (I know $1,595 is freight and $100 is AC tax, so the other $40 is whatever)
= $28,026.68
HST (13%) = $3,643.49
OTD = $31,610.15

The dealer offer vs. invoice price is a 2.5% profit and I've read a 3-5% is typical...so this looks like a good deal to me
LOL I got it for 1% over invoice in AB

dinhminh110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex 2016
I got my Honda Civic EX out the door for 20500 if not included taxes I would say I bought the car for about $19250.
Sponsored