What did you pay?

KenBT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What would be the good price for civic touring before TTL and dealer accessories? Best quote I got so far is 25106 with destination included. How low I can go from this number to start negotiation?
Two questions...

Sedan or Coupe

Region
Sponsored

bumrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
That's not a bad price. I got mine but then I am East Coast for a tad bit lower. They certainly aren't losing money on the car so don't believe that lie. I think you can push it a tiny bit more and you should be solid.
Just locked in 19000! This seems like a good buy right?

bumrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
This is a Gray Civic Ex no sensing pre TTL.
That's a very good price! Are you paying cash, financing or leasing?
I thought it was a good price too! I will be partially financing a 3 year from my local credit union.

Unfortunately, I did not go through with the purchase because of a rude salesman. They brought over a different sales person to explain the price breakdown. When I told him to remove the extra accessory charges and extended warranties, he shuffled away without a word. He brought back a new paper as per my request, with a higher "NON-TAX FEES". I asked him to bring me the old paper to see if I was remembering incorrectly. Sure enough, he stated that the first paper had a mistake on it and the fees were too low. When confronted to ask for a breakdown of these fees so that I can see what it was that was changed, he became extremely defensive. This is when he began raising his voice at me and it was this moment when I decided not to purchase from this dealer.

I am not trying to be a penny pinching douche and had he explained what it was that caused this mistake to occur, I don't think I would have been as upset as I am now.

Then again, maybe I just overreacted...Either way, the search continues...

V-techCruzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring '16, Civic EX '02
Country flag
I paid $24,323.93 in San Diego.
This number doesn't include the title, fees, or taxes.
What dealership did you get your car? I'm from San Diego too and I want to get the best deal here if possible or look outside the county.

s3riously

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Corolla S
Country flag
Hi guys, I've settled on getting a Civic Coupe Touring with rear wing spoiler. These seem scarce here in western PA and one of the internet salesemen laughed when I asked about getting the green one. Anyways, I have been quoted $24,974 price plus $503 for the spoiler option. At 7% taxes, I am being quoted $27,547 OTD. Your thoughts on this price are appreciated. From what I have been reading on here, it could be quite a while until they would find this car for me. Thanks!

KenBT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hi guys, I've settled on getting a Civic Coupe Touring with rear wing spoiler. These seem scarce here in western PA and one of the internet salesemen laughed when I asked about getting the green one. Anyways, I have been quoted $24,974 price plus $503 for the spoiler option. At 7% taxes, I am being quoted $27,547 OTD. Your thoughts on this price are appreciated. From what I have been reading on here, it could be quite a while until they would find this car for me. Thanks!
My initial thoughts...

Say you want it for no more than $27,000.00 OTD!

Since one of the internet sales persons laughed at Energy Green- hit in their pocket book since- it came out in roadshow in Energy Green and you can also affect dealership in survey- that's not worth the $500.00+ ding to their wallet- moral of story- don't be wise a** to customers when they are contemplating on spending thousands of $- my two cents!

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
I am not trying to be a penny pinching douche and had he explained what it was that caused this mistake to occur, I don't think I would have been as upset as I am now.
I think you did the right thing. If you have the $19K quote in writing, shop it around to different dealers & see if the can beat or match the price.

Oxanamide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
I thought it was a good price too! I will be partially financing a 3 year from my local credit union.

Unfortunately, I did not go through with the purchase because of a rude salesman. They brought over a different sales person to explain the price breakdown. When I told him to remove the extra accessory charges and extended warranties, he shuffled away without a word. He brought back a new paper as per my request, with a higher "NON-TAX FEES". I asked him to bring me the old paper to see if I was remembering incorrectly. Sure enough, he stated that the first paper had a mistake on it and the fees were too low. When confronted to ask for a breakdown of these fees so that I can see what it was that was changed, he became extremely defensive. This is when he began raising his voice at me and it was this moment when I decided not to purchase from this dealer.

Just walk away, remember you're in control.

kilograph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
What dealership did you get your car? I'm from San Diego too and I want to get the best deal here if possible or look outside the county.
I got it at DCH Honda in Temecula and everything was arranged over email.
Total time spent in the dealership was about 90 mins.

Here are the figures:

Price: $24,323.93
Doc: $80.00
CA Tax: $1952.31
DMV: $285.00
Tire fee: $8.00
Total OTD: $26,649.99

First place I'd recommend is Norm Reeves in Irvine because they responded with a competitive OTD of $26,700 on the first response.
Since the prices were pretty close, I went with DCH because the 15 was an easier drive and a bit shorter.

coupe23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LXP

Keep looking. The dealer will call you back if they didn't make their numbers that day. As I re-review my car purchases I have had a similar experience at a Lexus dealership. The next dealer I went to I went in with the mindset of what I learned from that and got more than the car I was looking for. At that time I bought a 2015 exl sedan and the process was seamless. Now you know what to look for

V-techCruzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring '16, Civic EX '02
Country flag

Here are the figures:

First place I'd recommend is Norm Reeves in Irvine because they responded with a competitive OTD of $26,700 on the first response.
Since the prices were pretty close, I went with DCH because the 15 was an easier drive and a bit shorter.

Here are the figures:

What did you say on your email to them? Should I tell them how much I wanna purchased the car upfront? I wanna get the touring as close to $26K ODT or better. I'm going to start emailing dealerships around end of the month or wait til 4th of July for deals. Thanks.
Sponsored