What did you pay?

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Sorry, edited
NP, but if I do go buy an EX-T for $19462 pre tax, title and doc fee, I will try to post the paperwork to back up my eprice :)
Sponsored

TenGen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6 Speed
I'm working on negotiating for my wife she decided she liked the ext more, so 19,5 plus dealer fees of 299 plus tax and 50 for title tags etc. I think that's decent considering msrp is 23k

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Found the original quote in my trash....This is BEFORE my trade in.

image.jpeg
Call that dealer and ask if you can get a LX 6MT for $14k, $16 OTD because clearly they're okay with going into the red.

przm_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx
Damn the salt here is real, if you don't believe her just move on. The TrueCar estimate for a Civic Sedan EX-T in Orange County is $19,769. With this price you can expect to pay an OTD price of $21,350 (assuming 8% sales tax which is the rate for residents in OC). From there negotiating it down $1,000 to $20,350 is definitely possible.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn the salt here is real, if you don't believe her just move on. The TrueCar estimate for a Civic Sedan EX-T in Orange County is $19,769. With this price you can expect to pay an OTD price of $21,350 (assuming 8% sales tax which is the rate for residents in OC). From there negotiating it down $1,000 to $20,350 is definitely possible.
This case I think is already resolved. It was concluded that she did a trade-in to which she admitted. That totally skews any regular purchase which she failed to mention in the beginning.

Now to engage with your point about specific pricing...

With a car base price of 19.8k I think you forgot to add in things such as document fee (probably around 80-150), dealer fee (which could be anywhere from 200-700), DMV fee (another 150-300), then add in tax for about 1,500. So would have to negotiate a good 1.5-2.5k below that. Not impossible but hard to replicate without some perfect conditions that are hard for people to come by.

przm_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx
With a car base price of 19.8k I think you forgot to add in things such as document fee (probably around 80-150), dealer fee (which could be anywhere from 200-700), DMV fee (another 150-300), then add in tax for about 1,500. So would have to negotiate a good 1.5-2.5k below that. Not impossible but hard to replicate without some perfect conditions that are hard for people to come by.
Definitely difficult to get that price. I'm trying to get dealers to match the Orange County TrueCar Estimate ($19,800). I live in Torrance (Los Angeles County) so the sales tax is 9.00% and dealers have told me that with license/fees/tax and everything else I can get a strong estimate of my OTD price by adding 11% of the car's price. That would put me at $22,000 OTD which I'd be happy with.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Call that dealer and ask if you can get a LX 6MT for $14k, $16 OTD because clearly they're okay with going into the red.
Lol
Found the original quote in my trash....This is BEFORE my trade in.

image.jpeg
atleast to me that looks like a homemade email if I ever seen one myself. After a few days now this email comes out?

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing

bumrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Hey guys. Looking to get a 2016 Civic EX and I have a few questions.

I got a dealership to quote me $19191 with no added accessories and included destination charge. So the OTD price would be 19191 + TTL (Orange County, CA of 8% + whatever other fees).

Is this is the best possible price or is there any way to get this lower?

Also, does anyone know any dealers that have a better pricing they've found in the area? (This quote was from Buena Park Honda).

The sales representative told me that there are no dealer incentives for me and proceeded to state that they are losing money on this vehicle (which I find hard to believe).

Any help would be great!

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys. Looking to get a 2016 Civic EX and I have a few questions.

I got a dealership to quote me $19191 with no added accessories and included destination charge. So the OTD price would be 19191 + TTL (Orange County, CA of 8% + whatever other fees).

Also, does anyone know any dealers that have a better pricing they've found in the area? (This quote was from Buena Park Honda).

The sales representative told me that there are no dealer incentives for me and proceeded to state that they are losing money on this vehicle (which I find hard to believe).

Any help would be great!
That's not a bad price. I got mine but then I am East Coast for a tad bit lower. They certainly aren't losing money on the car so don't believe that lie. I think you can push it a tiny bit more and you should be solid.

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT

That's a good price - I paid $19.3K for mine, before tax/tags/etc. I did make them throw in a trunk tray :)

Civic2civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX 2007
What would be the good price for civic touring before TTL and dealer accessories? Best quote I got so far is 25106 with destination included. How low I can go from this number to start negotiation?

kilograph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
What would be the good price for civic touring before TTL and dealer accessories? Best quote I got so far is 25106 with destination included. How low I can go from this number to start negotiation?
I paid $24,323.93 in San Diego.
This number doesn't include the title, fees, or taxes.
Sponsored