What did you pay?

1. Rawnerve1

Rawnerve1 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2010 crv
    I would have to agree... you can get a ext for about 20500 BEFORE TTL... somethimes people like to come to forums looking for a attention and come up with stories...

One a different note I just picked up a 2016 honda civic touring model.. I got them down to about 10k under invoice but my Grandpa has the paper work and he lives in Albania. So dont even ask... plus I had them kick in the underbody spoiler for free... while at the dealership they had some kind of Wheel of Fortune and when It was my turn I won a free pair of 2015 si sims...

Life is good.

Furious85 and stak thanked this.
  2. IP Freely

IP Freely Member

Car(s):
    2012 Civic, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L
    Going by your own posts, you paid cash of $20,471.16 to consummate the transaction. This price was arrived at after deducting the trade-in value of $3,000 on your VW beetle. If you did not have the trade-in, you would have presumably paid 20471.16+3,000=23,471.16. The post below contradicts what you've said earlier and makes your gross cost price even more incredulous.
    Wishing you all the best and happy birthday in advance.

3. KyraMorgan

KyraMorgan Member

Car(s):
    '16 Civic EX-T
    Okay....you are wrong on two accounts (and I probably shouldn't have used the term "cash" so generally). Trade in was $3250 and cash amount but let's just leave it at you're right, I paid $23,471 for my car.
    Okay....you are wrong on two accounts (and I probably shouldn't have used the term "cash" so generally). Trade in was $3250 and cash/check was $17 and change......but let's just leave it at I paid $23,471 for my car. I shouldn't have used the term cash meaning the total price for the car but whatever. If me paying $23.4k makes everyone sleep better at night, then let's settle on that's what I paid and be done with it ;-) ;-)

4. IP Freely

IP Freely Member

Car(s):
    2012 Civic, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L
    #2359 IP Freely, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    I'm not wrong. Your contradictory statements speak for themselves. Last post from me on this charade.

Furious85 thanked this.
  5. DriveFast66

DriveFast66 Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic
    #2360 DriveFast66, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    KyraMorgan, I don't understand why you get so defensive. I think you tried to impress everyone with this ridiculous "deal" you got and when people started to ask questions, you got bitter. You are obviously not going to post a proof, and you don't have to do so; no need to explain further. I believe that you believe you paid 20.4k.

Furious85, lulux and stak thanked this.
  6. billc

billc Member

Car(s):
    civic, accord
    Good lord, all this discussion because someone forgot to mention they had a $3K trade-in. Don't you think that is an important fact that should have been disclosed? That's why everyone called BS on that "deal", I think most people here are knowledegable about what's possible and not possible. That's like saying I paid $10K for a 2016 Civic (but I won't mention I had a $11K trade-in).

No one's trying to attack anyone, we're all just here to learn from and help each other.

Furious85 thanked this.
  7. DriveFast66

DriveFast66 Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic
    Later on she said she paid less than 18k cash + 3k for trade in and that was her total OTD price = 20.4k:respect:

8. KyraMorgan

KyraMorgan Member

Car(s):
    '16 Civic EX-T
    Found the original quote in my trash....This is BEFORE my trade in.

image.jpeg

9. billc

billc Member

Car(s):
    civic, accord
    Right, you should just mention the $4,560 discount includes your $3,000 trade in. Otherwise, people could take your comparable quote to a dealer and basically get laughed at

10. KyraMorgan

KyraMorgan Member

Car(s):
    '16 Civic EX-T
    That does NOT include my trade in. I got the quote before I told them I had a trade in, before I even went to the dealer or talked to them on the phone. Anyway.

11. DriveFast66

DriveFast66 Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic
    100%

12. DriveFast66

DriveFast66 Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic
    Right. And the world is flat by the way.

Furious85 thanked this.
  13. bmoore09

bmoore09 New Member

Car(s):
    Honda Odessey
    Here's the first offer I received for the Touring at one dealership. There's another dealership down the street that says they have 0% interest for 60 or 72 months that I havent been to yet. When I mentioned this to the dealership that gave me the below quote, they said that the price at the other dealership will be higher to cover the lower rate.
    At these monthly payments I think they're trying to charge me 4% interest. My credit is over 800.
    Obviously, If I get the same price at the other dealership at 0%, the payment drops significantly.
    So how much better can I do? Do you think the other dealership will be able to do these prices at the 0%? Or even better? I havent gone there yet, but this is the starting point. I'm in OHIO. I'm working through email with them.

Civic Touring $26,321

total fees $238.50

tax at 7.5% $1992.83

out the door $28,597.33

60 month payments with $0 down $533/month $1000 down (trade assumption) $514

72 months $0 down $458/month $1000 down $442

12,000 mile per year lease with the trade for 36 months $361/month

14. carlson03

carlson03 Senior Member

I.T.
    Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
    Check your quoting, that was not me saying that...

15. kilograph

kilograph Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic Touring
    That OTD is higher than what I paid here in CA, but many dealerships started out in that range at first.
    I eventually settled on $26,650 OTD but with more time, you might be able to do better based on some figures I've seen in this forum.

Do more shopping and include dealerships further away to incite more competition.
    I included 14 dealerships throughout San Diego and Orange counties up to 110mi away.
    The offer I accepted was about 60mi away.

4% APR sounds pricey if your credit is that good.
    My credit union has a 1.49% offer so if you're a member of one, check there for financing too.