What did you pay?

1. flashncrash

flashncrash Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic EX-T w/Honda Sensing, 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5 Premium, 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
    KyraMorgan, thanks for clarifying your deal. I feel that if anyone buying a car feels good with their deal (financing, lease, trade-in, cash) then that's fine. Somebody somewhere is gonna get a better deal and someone else is gonna get a less than ideal deal. I'm happy with paying 23476.76 cash for my Cosmic Blue EX-T w/Honda Sensing, with no trade-in, after 2012.01 in sales tax and 365.75 in fees on the 21099 ePrice.

Perhaps a better option for all of us is to just put out the price of the car plus destination charge and plus other fees and not include sales tax since that is so variable for city to city or state to state or province to province.

And, people, don't pay for, if at all possible, the "dealer-installed accessories" you don't want that somehow quickly shows up on the car.

Unless you need a car ASAP, it's worth taking the time to research and inquire from a bunch of dealers. I live in the SF Bay Area but purchased the car in Stockton. I had feelers out in San Luis Obispo and Cerritos.

Good luck to all you buyers.

KyraMorgan thanked this.
  2. KyraMorgan

KyraMorgan Member

Car(s):
    '16 Civic EX-T
    $3k trade in $18k car $20 and change total (tax title license dealer doc etc). I brought a check for under $18 and change that was the difference I owed AFTER trade in and taxes etc. I did get a good deal. My out the door was certainly not $23.4k I'm not going to continue to go back and forth on this. lets just leave it I got really screwed and paid $25.6 for an LX

3. DriveFast66

DriveFast66 Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic
    Sure, whatever you say. But you did not pay 20.4K for the EX-T OTD in CA with their tax rates. Dealer will never take a loss like that. Period. That is why people are questioning you here.
    The only possible reason why there is a slim chance you did get that deal would be the real value of your trade in being much higher than 3k. But I believe people should know what their cars are worth so doubt you would take 3k for something you could potentially sell for 5k. Otherwise, NO WAY.

4. KyraMorgan

KyraMorgan Member

Car(s):
    '16 Civic EX-T
    this is strange.
    UNLESS you live in California where selling a car private is a royal pain in the ass. Not worth the hassle whatsoever. I've heard nothing but nightmare stories of people not registering a car and previous owner getting tickets, toll
    Road violations, etc. and the DMV is a joke. Sometimes convince has a price. And Jesus h Christ, stop telling me what I did and didn't pay. It's a goddamn car. I've never had such a bizarre exchange like this before. You're upset I got some kind of deal. Next time someone asks what I paid for something I'll keep it to myself. I feel like I just announced my salary to the entire company and people are pissed. If you told me you paid $10k for a touring I'd be ecstatic for you, not arguing that you didn't. This is weird. Again, I paid what $25.6k for an LX...with no tires. Anyway, enjoy your car. I know I will.

5. 1WickedCivic

1WickedCivic Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
    I have 16" alloy wheels w/ tires off an EX sedan, with 266 miles only. Yours for $10. ;) :thumbsup:

KyraMorgan thanked this.
  6. DriveFast66

DriveFast66 Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic
    I am not upset at all, I am just stating the obvious - you are not telling the truth.

Furious85 and stak thanked this.
  7. KyraMorgan

KyraMorgan Member

Car(s):
    '16 Civic EX-T
    Okay.

8. carlson03

carlson03 Senior Member

I.T.
    Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
    Kyra, can you post your sales page for the the car? It could help make the discussion get back on target

9. alhounos

alhounos New Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic EX-L (cosmic blue)
    I paid $21.5k before taxes for my cosmic blue EX-L. Couldn't be happier. :headbang:

10. KyraMorgan

KyraMorgan Member

Car(s):
    '16 Civic EX-T
    Actually, no. A. Because my parents purchased my car and have all the documentation B. This is just the strangest encounter I've ever had. Never in a million years did I think posting what I paid for a car would have this kind of outcome and reaction from people. I really had no clue. I came to this forum to get some information on a car and actually enjoyed the various posts and pictures of new cars and their owners excitement. I really don't get what benefit I would have of lying about the price of a car. This is getting to be Donald Trump bizarre. Anyway, people have their mind made up what I paid so we will leave it at that and I will bow out of this conversation/thread.

11. carlson03

carlson03 Senior Member

I.T.
    Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
    Well, I received a quote for an EX-T for $19460, so if you got it for about $600 less, I was just going to try to use that :)

12. flashncrash

flashncrash Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic EX-T w/Honda Sensing, 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5 Premium, 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
    That's a great price for an EX-L! Hope TN sales tax and fees don't add up too much like they do here in CA.

13. Rawnerve1

Rawnerve1 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2010 crv
    So your 45 years old and your parents bought the car and took the paper work with them?

Furious85, lulux and stak thanked this.
  14. KyraMorgan

KyraMorgan Member

Car(s):
    '16 Civic EX-T
    I'm 44. It's called an early birthday present. And of course I sent them the paperwork. They also had the title to my previous car and I will send them them the title to the civic - safe keeping. I don't need this floating around, they have a safe and keep all my important documents. Not unheard of....I'm not from California and I very loosely call this place "home".

15. mims80

mims80 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic LX
    Bought mine at Elk Grove Honda...my current vehicle (06 Lexus IS250) was having engine trouble due to carbon build up (known issue) and this so happened AFTER my car was out of warranty by 1 month!! Lexus refused to fix it but only offered a top engine clean. I accepted it hoping it would help. Got the car back after a few days...it rode like crap and still choked at stop lights to where it almost stalled, etc. Couldn't risk my car dying when driving. Lexus was going to charge me $6k-8k to fix it. I refused to cough up that much for an issue the 2006-2011 250's were known to have. So went to Honda and got me a new civic, traded the Lexus in. Got the civic for $18,500. I wanted lower but they were willing to accept the trade and gave me $2k negative equity. I was sorta stuck too so I accepted it. Loved the Lexus but had to let it go. Even if I had the issue fixed, there was no guarantee it would drive the same. I have no regrets...plus love the mileage on the civic!