What did you pay?

flashncrash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T w/Honda Sensing, 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5 Premium, 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
Is 22.2k for Honda 2016 Civic EX with SE a good price?
i'm guessing that your SE means the Honda Sensing. Out here in California you should be able to do much better than that but you're in NY. If out the door (OTD) depending on your sales tax it could be a decent deal. In California the sales tax rate varies from county to county and even city to city within the same county. Some cities have 7.75% while others are 9.75% which can make a big difference and, of course, your sales tax rate on a car purchase is dependent on your address not what city you are buying the car.

Oxanamide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
i'm guessing that your SE means the Honda Sensing. Out here in California you should be able to do much better than that but you're in NY. If out the door (OTD) depending on your sales tax it could be a decent deal. In California the sales tax rate varies from county to county and even city to city within the same county. Some cities have 7.75% while others are 9.75% which can make a big difference and, of course, your sales tax rate on a car purchase is dependent on your address not what city you are buying the car.
20.8k for the car and 1.9k in tax + dmv - 0.5k grad. Seems like this is the best I can do in NY

flashncrash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T w/Honda Sensing, 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5 Premium, 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
20.8k for the car and 1.9k in tax + dmv - 0.5k grad. Seems like this is the best I can do in NY
Add probably 300-350 in DMV and extraneous fees to your equation so you're looking at 22500-22550. Probably a good enough deal if you don't get stuck paying for the ubiquitous "dealer installed accessories" you don't want. Consider that i got the EX-T w/Sensing for about 900 more OTD with slightly higher sales tax plus didn't have to pay for the "dealer installed" wheel locks, splash guards and all-weather cargo tray. I'm sure somebody else has gotten a better deal than i did and other people in NY probably have gotten a better deal than your offer.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
20.8k for an EX w/sensing is a bit high. I would shoot for 19.8-20.0k for pure car price for a good deal, any lower than that is a great deal.

TenGen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6 Speed
So getting some finalizing on the price I was gonna pay for a Aegean blue ex .17,9 plus taxes title reg and 499 doc fee. Funny this another dealership wants to compete with their price to get my business lol. And their civic is sitting on the lot with a 21k sticker lol.. gonna be interesting I'll try to keep it posted

KyraMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T
Hi everybody. never looked at this forum until after i bought our car yesterday. Our sales tax is 9.5% so definitely envious of the states that don't have sales tax at all or sales tax on cars. Out the door for Cosmic Blue EX-T w/Honda Sensing was 23476.76 after 21099 ePrice. To give you an idea sales tax amounted to 2012.01 with other fees 365.75. Took a while to find the car as color/trim in California is rare. Since May 5, 2016 i've checked statewide and at most there were 2 in the whole state. Got mine because the dealership i bought from will put on their website cars "in transit" and i was able to secure one 2 weeks before they received it and one day after they posted it on their website. It was nice knowing that they agreed not to sell the car to anyone else and they did not require any down payment. Yes it is worth checking Truecar, AAA (who used Truecar but is usually 100 less), Roadster (for those of you in California), Costco (but you don't get any pricing until you talk/visit with the specific salespeople). I communicated via email after the initial inquiry on their ePrice and had several phone conversations as well. Have found that often the internet sales people don't get back to you very often so i asked for and worked with a internet sales manager.
I feel I totally lucked out too. I only wanted Cosmo Blue EX-T (I would have taken it with or without sensing and leather) the only one I found in the area was Norm Reeves. I almost thought it was too good to be true, like maybe they sold it and just forgot to take it down.

Since you're in California too, how long did it take to get your plates. I'm going to Utah for 6 weeks in August and UHP loves to pull people over, I will be an obvious target no temp plates in CA and 20% tint front and back. :-/
So getting some finalizing on the price I was gonna pay for a Aegean blue ex .17,9 plus taxes title reg and 499 doc fee. Funny this another dealership wants to compete with their price to get my business lol. And their civic is sitting on the lot with a 21k sticker lol.. gonna be interesting I'll try to keep it posted
WTH...$499 dealer doc fee and I thought Utah was high at $299 (which is why I didn't buy it there. I had the option since parents live in Utah, ironically CA was cheaper) California dealer doc fee caps at $80.

TenGen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6 Speed
I feel I totally lucked out too. I only wanted Cosmo Blue EX-T (I would have taken it with or without sensing and leather) the only one I found in the area was Norm Reeves. I almost thought it was too good to be true, like maybe they sold it and just forgot to take it down.

Since you're in California too, how long did it take to get your plates. I'm going to Utah for 6 weeks in August and UHP loves to pull people over, I will be an obvious target no temp plates in CA and 20% tint front and back. :-/

WTH...$499 dealer doc fee and I thought Utah was high at $299 (which is why I didn't buy it there. I had the option since parents live in Utah, ironically CA was cheaper) California dealer doc fee caps at $80.
Yeah that's a normal one either 299-499 and it's negotiable 80$ means their ripping your ass hard on the price lol

TT-00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatchback
I paid $20.4k OTD for the EX-T I got a pretty good deal.
Wow....i'm trying to get an EX-T with sensing for $22,500 with no tax in Oregon and the dealer wouldn't budge......can you share the salesman name and contact?

Seem like CA would be much better deal, just fly there to pickup the car and drive back to Oregon.....

Thanks....

KyraMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T
Wow....i'm trying to get an EX-T with sensing for $22,500 with no tax in Oregon and the dealer wouldn't budge......can you share the salesman name and contact?

Thanks....
Cooper Mugg @ Norm Reeves Honda Irvine (FYI we have sales tax here but if you take delivery in Oregan you wouldn't, but then you'd have transport fees)

KyraMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T

Seem like CA would be much better deal, just fly there to pickup the car and drive back to Oregon.....

Thanks....
BTW, I do NOT have the Sensing package

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I paid $20.4k OTD for the EX-T I got a pretty good deal.
How in the world did you get an EX-T for 20.4k OTD? You sure thats OTD? Or car price?

Because with CA tax that means your EX-T car price was under 18.8k.

KyraMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T
How in the world did you get an EX-T for 20.4k OTD? You sure thats OTD? Or car price?

Because with CA tax that means your EX-T car price was under 18.8k.
LOL yeah I'm sure. I just had my dad look at the long "finance" contract I felt like I was signing my life away too, which seemed odd because I paid cash for the car. I wasn't there to dick around with them and think I made myself clear in my initial email to the dealer - I was very straightforward. I'm not sure if the fact we paid cash for the car (parents don't believe in interest/financing - I'm lucky), if that had anything to do with it. I told then absolutely NO added dealer accessories, like KARR Alarm, 3M protective stripping, etc (RSM tried to sell me this crap and told me they didn't have a car without it. Another dealer lost my business because they were pushing wheel locks on me and said ALL cars have them I'm out of luck). They knew I meant business, but was also nice about it. Sales guy was awesome. Finance manager was a dick. I think he was annoyed I refused their "extras" and almost walked out of his office at one point - he tried to tack on $250 for some etching security code BS. Who knows, maybe there was some sales contest and I was the buyer who helped him win. Maybe the Sales Manager was in a good mood that day, maybe they just made a calculation error and it was too late to correct it. All I know is I got a very VERY good deal.
Sponsored