What did you pay?

przm_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx
That would be an excellent deal, I hope you get it! Let us know what happens and where you buy from if you make the purchase.
I'll update you guys when I do :). Through another thread I found out that Norm Reeves Honda has really good and competitive prices. You might want to see if their offers intrigue you. They also have really good reviews (4.7/5 on Google) so that's a major plus.
Sponsored

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, thanks for the response. I'm trying to pay about 20,500 OTD for the EX-T (without sensing). I'm gonna try scouting Irvine/Riverside/Scott Rob Torrance and Carson Honda for the best price.
No way those are OTD numbers especially if you are in CA.

kilograph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up a new Touring sedan in Aegean Blue this weekend.
The dealers in San Diego weren't able to do as good as those further north so if you're in SD, check out Ocean or Reeves in OC, or DCH in Temecula.
Reeves in particular didn't mess about and gave me a great OTD figure on the first email.

Eventually landed on $26,650 OTD which was close enough to my target.
If I was more patient, I probably could have gotten a few hundred lower but I'm not.

Here's the breakdown:

Price: $24,323.93
Doc: $80.00
CA Tax: $1952.31
DMV: $285.00
Tire fee: $8.00
Total OTD: $26,649.99

The car also came with mud guards, wheel locks, and a trunk tray.
I didn't request nor was I expecting these, so that was a nice bonus.
The whole deal took 90 minutes and spent about 9 days negotiating over email.

Coming from a 2013 EX-L Sedan, this Touring is an upgrade in every way you can imagine, and then some.
Its the Accord I've always wanted.

froggydogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT
Vehicle Showcase
My OTD price for a Crystal Black Pearl EX-T (no sensing) was $20, 735. My trade-in on top of that got it down even further. I was/am very happy with the price.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
My OTD price for a Crystal Black Pearl EX-T (no sensing) was $20, 735. My trade-in on top of that got it down even further. I was/am very happy with the price.
What was your before TTL price?
Thanks!

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Thank you so much brother! Honda marysville is close to me, but prices are not as good. I will try performance kings Honda as you have suggested, and hopefully I can make a deal. Thanks again!
They were the best around I have found, Castrucci was $1500 higher, White Allen was $2500 higher...neither one will come close.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Trade in skews the conversation completely because we have no clue what sort of deal your used car got. Ah forgot NH was one of the states that have no sales tax on cars.

Scoby151

Scoby151
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I noticed truecar was showing some prices almost 2k under MSRP. I wonder if they will hold up when you go to the dealer.
They would not at the one I went to!! They would deal on others, but not the touring.

froggydogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Trade in skews the conversation completely because we have no clue what sort of deal your used car got. Ah forgot NH was one of the states that have no sales tax on cars.
What was your before TTL price?
Thanks!
NH not having sales tax is huge. I only paid a $499 admin fee and $27 title fee on top of the car price, so ~$20,209. I used TrueCar and loved the experience, eliminated negotiating and got the best price of any Honda dealership in the area right off the bat.

I "parachuted" in my trade after they gave me the price 0f $20,035, so it didn't affect the price they initially gave me. With the trade-in I paid $19,035.

IP Freely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L
I picked up a new Touring sedan in Aegean Blue this weekend.
The dealers in San Diego weren't able to do as good as those further north so if you're in SD, check out Ocean or Reeves in OC, or DCH in Temecula.
Reeves in particular didn't mess about and gave me a great OTD figure on the first email.

Eventually landed on $26,650 OTD which was close enough to my target.
If I was more patient, I probably could have gotten a few hundred lower but I'm not.

Here's the breakdown:

Price: $24,323.93
Doc: $80.00
CA Tax: $1952.31
DMV: $285.00
Tire fee: $8.00
Total OTD: $26,649.99

The car also came with mud guards, wheel locks, and a trunk tray.
I didn't request nor was I expecting these, so that was a nice bonus.
The whole deal took 90 minutes and spent about 9 days negotiating over email.

Coming from a 2013 EX-L Sedan, this Touring is an upgrade in every way you can imagine, and then some.
Its the Accord I've always wanted.
Which Norm Reeves did you buy from? There are two dealerships in OC.

Last edited:

kilograph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I actually made the purchase in Temecula. It was $50 cheaper, slightly closer, and I thought the 15 to Temecula was an easier drive than the 5 to Irvine.
The Reeves that gave me the quote was in Irvine.

IP Freely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L
I actually made the purchase in Temecula. It was $50 cheaper, slightly closer, and I thought the 15 to Temecula was an easier drive than the 5 to Irvine.
The Reeves that gave me the quote was in Irvine.
Okay, thanks.

Astan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L (White Exterior, Black/Gray interior), Purchased on 6/11/2016 from Buena Park Honda, Buena Park, CA
21,681.00 Base Price
1,951.29 LA County Tax
367.71 Others(Doc fee, DMV Registration/License etc)
24,000.00 OTD (Paid all cash)

Got so much useful information from this forum that helped me come up with a price which I was willing to pay. Thanks to all for your wonderful and very informative postings.

Lexielily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic EX
My local dealer asks for 21k OTD for EX. Because the tax rate 7%, I guess the price for the car is around 19460$ and the doc fee is around 175$.
Is it a good price? Thanks!

KyraMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T
With all the dealers getting the new civics in this week and Honda official releasing the 12th as the official on sale date. Please post what you bought you new civic for...out the door prices...any free accessories thrown in?

Post up your story for the others to use!
2016 EX-T Cosmo Blue $20,471.16 (out the door). Irvine, CA.
Sponsored