DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So after going to 3 muffler shops to get my exhaust put in I decided to do it myself. Why?

Sorry but each place was the same old story. Some haggard looking dude wreaking of cigarettes, filthy as fk and one guy even put out his cigarette in his hand before trying to get in my car. No thanks, I'm out!

It's freezing outside but I'm half way done. I did buy a set of pliers for the exhaust hangers which made things easier.

Sorry but each place was the same old story. Some haggard looking dude wreaking of cigarettes, filthy as fk and one guy even put out his cigarette in his hand before trying to get in my car. No thanks, I'm out!

It's freezing outside but I'm half way done. I did buy a set of pliers for the exhaust hangers which made things easier.

I'll be back!
lol, hope it works for you...we are supposed to hit ~50 in WI tomorrow :spaz:. What exhaust and/or DP? I chose King MotorSports outside Milwaukee due to the cold. They worked through a broken stud on the DP (<4k on car).
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So after going to 3 muffler shops to get my exhaust put in I decided to do it myself. Why?

I'll be back!
It also helps with a second set of hands and two additional jack stands to prevent the exhaust from falling on you. Spray some WD40 on the hanger rubbers for easy removal/install.

At least you don’t have to cut up the factory exhaust into pieces for transport with DIY.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
All done! Team BMS in effect lol. Wasn't too bad just challenging with only 2 hands. Quick ride now, pics in a bit.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200229_175036

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Recorded a startup sound/video of the AWE Touring exhaust.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I'm just trying to be helpful here. Posting online about not paying taxes doesn't seem like a smart move...
It's legal. Why assume people won't pay when they file? Inferring something shady doesn't help either.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sounds so good. Was the exhaust “broken” in? And do you have a DP?
Thanks. It’s broken in. No down pipe. It comes with a front pipe though.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Recorded a startup sound/video of the AWE Touring exhaust.

The AWE Touring is just about perfect in both volume and tone, no drone. May move center tip out or outer two in slightly instead of parallel 1” forward of bumper edge.

View attachment 202347

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? C75A4C73-0F89-474C-A06B-DB78AE44089C

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? F29C474B-A32F-4BEA-8B13-44B4886170EC

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks amazing RepyT. May I ask what tail lights are you rocking? I’m interested in a smoked option.

Thanks!

The AWE Touring is just about perfect in both volume and tone, no drone. May move center tip out or outer two in slightly instead of parallel 1”