What did you do to your Type R today?

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Everyone's setups are coming along great! Whereas the latest thing I've done is...wash it. It was unbelievable the dirt that came off. Then it rained a little. Of course.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200127_141501

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everyone's setups are coming along great! Whereas the latest thing I've done is...wash it. It was unbelievable the dirt that came off. Then it rained a little. Of course.

20200127_141501.jpg
That's the best thing you could do, keep it clean:love:

markq218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion tC, 2019 PMM CTR
Country flag
Lol mine was also a few mm off on one side also. Which size 3m tape did you get? I may end up re-doing it in the future. Looks great btw
thanks bro I went with .75in width and fits perfect. idk if it's the same for EVS though.. I feel like its the same thing just rebranded haha

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sterring wheel is a work of art . Beautiful piece .
Agreed, the artist certainly captured the circa 2017-2019th genreā€™ of Courbonā€ Fabergeā€™ epithelial era emphasizing the significance of Monetā€™ in this pricey piece.

I wonder how long itā€™ll be until it is updated by artiste Monsuer- Moutoā€™ to the more abstract futuristic post-teen 20+ era instead with Alcantara velveteen motif?

Looking at this, I canā€™t help but shed a tear for Lisa Monaā€™ in pun pain.

Last edited:

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
Haven't done anything yet, but this did drop at my house today.

DSC08568.jpg
Very nice. I opted for all black. That is going on tomorrow. I'm comfy with the mechanical aspect but not crazy about the airbag part so I'm gonna pay someone :)

Today, I did the Mishimoto catch can. Pro tip. They don't mention it but you can get the hoses on without effort if you spray a little window cleaner on the ends. The alcohol will dry quickly. Also, pay attention to the hose clamps. Two are larger and go on the catch can ends.

Installation is simple. I did use power tools which does make the job easier. I did get the red bracket instead of the black. I think it looks pretty good!

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Very nice. I opted for all black. That is going on tomorrow. I'm comfy with the mechanical aspect but not crazy about the airbag part so I'm gonna pay someone :)

Today, I did the Mishimoto catch can. Pro tip. They don't mention it but you can get the hoses on without effort if you spray a little window cleaner on the ends. The alcohol will dry quickly. Also, pay attention to the hose clamps. Two are larger and go on the catch can ends.

Installation is simple. I did use power tools which does make the job easier. I did get the red bracket instead of the black. I think it looks pretty good!
I personally don't mind the air bag, it screws in and is plug and play. What I do mind is freezing my hands off in 30 degree weather :p I'll probably have someone install it as well, maybe by the end of the week. I was actually going to opt for full black (but keep the red noon-marker) until I saw the Buddy Club wheel with a similar design. Honestly, I would have picked up the Buddy Club one if it were matted CF. The wheel was a little thicker than I thought it would be, but honestly can't wait to get it installed.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
I bought a couple of new in the box OEM Honda FK8 steering wheels I found super cheap. Apparently these are being discontinued? Great to keep wear items like this around if you're in it for the long haul like I plan to be.:thumbsup:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 348A5DAE-4F50-4D76-87D1-0E15A559493A

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? D51CA22D-D2D6-45F3-BB6D-EC6FCFA58E9C

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? C95074A5-0782-4D6F-8149-9D1E30A79CB3

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

which wheel is this? Link please!?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Who makes that wheel? I love the look of the dry carbon!
I got it from IS_Autogroup (Import Spec Autogroup, same company as @ian408) on Instagram. They don't have a website yet, so you'd have to DM them on there. They send you payment through PayPal. Took them about 6-7 weeks to get my wheel to me (note I ordered early December; Christmas is a thing).
Sponsored