What did you do to your Type R today?

1. Silverdollar22

First Name:
    Eric
    Car(s):
    2019 Honda EX
    It’s just a 1/2 inch red pinstripe. I think I picked it up at Advanced Auto and ordered the stripe kit from E-bay. 0060D8AE-48BD-4F94-8653-3D160F71BF7E.png

RepyT thanked this.
  2. Silverdollar22

First Name:
    Eric
    Car(s):
    2019 Honda EX
    Just follow the contour of the bumper!81C9ED55-AF90-48EE-A24D-21A9C89E70EF.jpeg

Volksparts, gt_fk8 and frtorres87 thanked this.
  3. Silverdollar22

First Name:
    Eric
    Car(s):
    2019 Honda EX
    I actually removed the left hatch stripe to redo it but just cut around badge with razor blade. That one is hard to get right because you have to stretch it around the badge.

4. Ramster

Ramster Senior Member

Legal Drug Dealer
    Car(s):
    2017 PMM Civic Type R #3521 / 2019 Lexus IS300 F-Sport
    A lot of people been asking how the CBP Mugen Kit would look on PMM. Here’s just a sneak peak of it, I’ll have the rest of it on by next week. Unfortunately Mugen doesn’t make it in this color that’s why I’ve decided to opt for CBP, I took a gamble on it just to see how it looks with the intention of getting them painted but so far it’s not too bad!

Also added the APR Big Wang! Waiting on a few more things. Will post the final product once I get everything on!
    B92E227E-3A8A-4806-B999-0E35282553FA.jpeg

35389508-29AB-41BE-A1B8-F1F72514505E.jpeg

Fountainhead, civicortez, Ruckus and 5 others thanked this.
  5. omar0123

omar0123 Senior Member

First Name:
    Omar
    Car(s):
    2019 type r
    Huge wing , and yet people hate the oem wing because its big .

6. RepyT

RepyT Almost Stock

First Name:
    Dave
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Ridgeline Type R (BE morphed), 2016 T-Highlander LTD
    Ramster (interesting name, sheep-rodent hybrid or one that Rams, maybe as in the truck brand?),

This looks cool, low and angry, is it for show more than function or does it hug road better over 100 now? Help me understand if it’s being unique or faster?

With the giant Wang, you may want to fly over to Central Tractor Supply and get some steel ballast plates to hang on the front to avoid popping wheelies. That’s what we had to do during tractor pulls to keep front wheels down so you could steer a little. The R needs lots of front downforce too, maybe that is improved with the shovel.

How does it do over huge obstacles like a parking lot speed bump? Do you have to go around??? if so, this might a good time for some showy hydraulics to lift the body up and over. iSome lower theirs, this gives the illusion of being lower but probably not, all just not on?

Pplease don’t think I’m judging, I’m jealous having fun that your toy looks better than mine.

Sometimes I just want to roll my R backwards a good ways, put it in nuetral then let off the brakes and let it zoom across the ground by the toy spring.

Your distance may vary, no battery required.

Ramster thanked this.
  7. Ramster

Ramster Senior Member

Legal Drug Dealer
    Car(s):
    2017 PMM Civic Type R #3521 / 2019 Lexus IS300 F-Sport
    1. Actually Ram is my real name. Ramster is what they call me at the hospital, nickname was given.

2. It looks even lower because I have Sliplo on the front lip for protection. In terms of function or show, I haven’t tested it yet.

3. A little downforce here and there doesn’t hurt. But honestly I just put that on a few days ago, will test it out when I actually drive it.

4. Go at an angle or don’t go at all. Not a daily driver so not worried, also we have decent roads here.

5. There’s no such thing as being judgmental, there’s the truth and there’s constructive criticism. I give both to patients I see.

6. You’ll get there soon! No worries! Gotta pay to
    play!

RepyT thanked this.
  8. RepyT

RepyT Almost Stock

First Name:
    Dave
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Ridgeline Type R (BE morphed), 2016 T-Highlander LTD
    #8093 RepyT, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Thanks DrRamster, great info and does my insurance cover this visit?

I like your choices and responses and their innocence That results in the R projecting your personal expression, sort of saying, “Go ahead, I dare you!” If that was your intent, mission accomplished.

We all know tweaking Is almost eternal, not an addiction but maybe a desire to try out the next widget. I’ve only done Eye candy parts and just a tune (awaiting sensor parts) that gained 47hp on dyno, nothing cooling wise but I foresee a better radiator and Intercooler in my future. Once tune finishes in couple weeks I’ll get used to it then Switch to an AWE Touring exhaust with black trip-tips (3-4 wk AWE build backlog)..

I wish we had an active R club here to cruise, rub elbows but we’re 3 exits past Podunk in NW FL

There are many reasons to be active here, each is a positive learning experience for me and sometimes (now) it’s good to meet other enthusiasts and poke some well meaning pun too along the R-oute.

Appreciate you taking the time to explain all and that impact other than cool factor is TBD. Good luck with your ‘win tunnel’ testing Ram

Mod on!

Ramster thanked this.
  9. RepyT

RepyT Almost Stock

First Name:
    Dave
    Car(s):
    Guys,
    Concerned about possible long term impact to your lower garnish.. If this CF overlay does stick, with continued thermal cycling, it can disturb deeper layers, accelerating adhesion.

In other words, it’s possible that a year or three from now when you try to take off the CF layer of tape, (it does look nice but red fits my red R) it’s possible that the OEM red stripe embedded below could come off (all/some/none) with it. You can certainly clean up any residue with a variety of products but if you accidentally find a certain chemical combo, they can transfer, almost melt their surfaces and even layers below into each other. Even that would be fixable but quite messy and could result in having to put another layer (red or CF tape) on top. Not trying to be gloomy here but I have some work knowledge of similar events with plastics and adhesives. Best of luck!

VinRRR thanked this.
  10. hpbyhermann

hpbyhermann Senior Member

First Name:
    Hermann
    Car(s):
    2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
    This is definitely a possibility but I was not worried because it would be easy to replace eventually if I ever chose return to the factory red. (Highly unlikely for me, going to own this car indefinitely)

RepyT thanked this.
  11. M0D3RN_ST33L

M0D3RN_ST33L Senior Member

First Name:
    Cory
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Type R
    Installed my downforce solutions front splitter and side skirts today. Opted for the 6mm splitter and red trim all around. Just need to order the rear diffuser now.

20200119_135344.jpg 20200119_135319.jpg

20200119_135332.jpg

Volksparts thanked this.
  12. RepyT

RepyT Almost Stock

First Name:
    Dave
    Car(s):
    #8097 RepyT, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    Today I replaced my 2,400 mile OEM brake pads that squeak lots with Power-Stop Carbon Fiber & Ceramic Z23 pads all around. They make front Z26 pads but no rear ones yet, probably because any trim Civic ones will work and they don’t understand that I guess. I went with Z23s after realizing the Z26’s have metallic backs and are perhaps prone to squeaking and are overkill for daily driver street use. The Z23 have rubber back pads. Used a longer lasting silicone grease.

Replacement isn’t hard, studying YouTube vids helped learn anything unique. Discovering your Allen set skips 7mm, not a nice surprise. The single 3/8 inch x 7mm socket key drive vs entire new hex set was bad idea as it interferes with the brake line.

Also, the standard AutoZone caliper retractor block doesn’t fit the rear Honda caliper, too narrow. I had to borrow (buy & return tomorrow) an adjustable one and set it to fit the two intends on the caliper fascia so it can be cranked inward clockwise so be brakes fit (barely). My POS bargain jack started to leak and barely lifted by wheel 4, tried refill, no joy, it pukes it out and The seal is bad, what longevity do you want for $26, I hardly ever need one, aka Mr Hire It. Not learning, I got another cheap 2-ton repacked from Wally-Marty for $15, worked great, for how long though?

I can’t say if/how much better these pads are yet as home life prevented a break-in run. if same/similar to Honda pads and have no squeal & less dust, I’ll be happy.

Good choice in a crowded pad field Maybe . Just $78 total delivered via Summit Racing.

I had to take pics of stock rims cleaned and ceramic waxed before any new dust appears.

7223E6FA-AFF3-4B97-8D5A-46F9F95F9030.jpeg

DF0B4C8E-7FED-4E73-9A4F-D343B619E24C.jpeg

F35277FE-3D77-49A5-8ADA-1F98F4CFE1A6.jpeg

hpbyhermann, fatherpain and boxcar thanked this.
  13. Wabby

Wabby Senior Member

Car(s):
    Honda Cr-z
    Signed contract with trade-in. So March is bye bye to my CTR.

14. Zeffy94

Zeffy94 Senior Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2007 Toyota RAV4
    4776C1DA-8B41-440F-8FE2-E07D8D72A83F.jpeg Reached 25K miles, 22 1/2 months later

Ruckus thanked this.
  15. newskate9

newskate9 Senior Member

Soon to be unRetired Program Manager, Dad, Grandpa
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Car(s):
    19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
    OK, maybe I'm a dope. I clicked the HERE above, and bought the tape. It is 1/4". I looked at the stripe on my car, and it looks larger than 1/4". Did I click BUY to soon?