What did you do to your Type R today?

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Center caps from china
Finally complete the look I wanted
I really like the stock wheels and missed the look on my winter set up so some stripes and center caps and I'm happy.
Before and after.

PhotoCollage_20191024_175033195.jpg
very nice touch!!
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Got my shifter subassembly replaced since the threads were stripped. Didn't realize how worn my shifter actually was. The new one, despite being stock OEM, feels much tighter and notchier.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm that’s surprising to hear. How many miles are on your car? Do you drive aggressively or track?

Got my shifter subassembly replaced since the threads were stripped. Didn't realize how worn my shifter actually was. The new one, despite being stock OEM, feels much tighter and notchier.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Hmm that’s surprising to hear. How many miles are on your car? Do you drive aggressively or track?
32k miles, half expressway half highway (not quite city full city/stop and go). I'll drive spiritedly every so often, but I don't think that's the cause; there is no track use. My car had a past life as an auto show vehicle (Chicago Autoshow 2018). It was supposed to be locked, but wasn't. First thing when someone goes to a manual auto show vehicle is grab the steering wheel, slip in, and play with the shift knob :p I had a bit of premature wear on the seat bolster (covered under warranty) and on the steering wheel (9 o'clock position; not covered under warranty but the dealership is doing it anyways). I guess my shifter was a little bit worn a well.

markq218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion tC, 2019 PMM CTR
Country flag
Got a digital racecar to complement my analog racecar. Garage complete! :)

Also, had the dealer install my Carbon Zone Poland steering wheel when it was in for service.

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg
did you wrap that bottom triangle of the steering wheel? all the ones ive seen are glossy. yours looks the best!

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Bad pic, too much flash but I'm beat today. King Motor Sports installed my @PRL Motorsports intercooler and down pipe. Painted the PRL stencil last night with some gloss black outdoor paint. Intercooler went on decently (6 hours later, after DP finally went in), but bottom stud on turbo housing snapped. Car was driven ~1.5 hours, bolts were blasted and yet one refused to budge (~2500 miles on my car). Took a couple hours to remove turbo, drill it out (2 bits snapped), have the tap tool snap off in it o_O, mill that out, then re-tap. Minus all that, OEM heat shield's bottom holes didn't align well enough to the down pipe, so they enlarged those to make it fit.

The turbo housing material (iron something, can't think of the name), is nasty. But King Motor Sports got it done, gave me a decent discount on hours and 2nd time there with out a fuss on their end. (Wish they had a nicer waiting area for those of us rolling dice on FK8 studs...)

Anyway, It was flashed to the off the shelf Ktuner stage one with DP. Felt so nice on the highway, down pipe (Catted), makes the R400 a little more present down low (drone-wise) but barely any difference at 65-80. Finally have a nice deep sound when taking off and under bridges lol.

I have snow tires on, could barely get on the car without making them feel like mush.

...Got to see the new jackets they are selling later this week. They are nice, more for fall vs. winter but a perfect jacket ntl.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20191025_180819

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Picked up some winter wheels and test fit one. It’s super tight but it will work for winter.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 0FDB2789-E042-4F25-A427-43864A555A66

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? D0118720-D80F-4BCC-9AF6-870B5CF2C964