ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Looks awesome. Does it feel slower? Less confident in corners?

Snapped a quick pic after parking at work. Not the greatest photo.

No rubbing, and significantly smoother and nicer ride :)
And no, not lowered.

IMG_2718.jpeg

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
I need to stop driving in the dark! I was on a state highway in North GA last night around 7:30 (dusk) and a cat darted, literally, right into my front passenger side wheel. Had no time to react (I hardly even saw it) and it's peeled my front lip a bit, pulled my front bumper a bit and broke several pop fasteners underneath. This coming right after I had the front end replaced after hitting a tire on the interstate. I'm started to feel my r is cursed. Oh well..I fixed what I could and will be ok with the few cracks and whatnot. The road armor film did protect the front from chip and bugs but I guess you can't protect against everything.

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks awesome. Does it feel slower? Less confident in corners?
I'm only on day 3 with these tires, and it's been nothing but rain here.
Compared to the Toyo Celsius tires I was running on my 18's prior to these, much more confident :)
Compared to the sportcontacts, I know they aren't as grippy and won't be pushing it.

As for feeling slower, no? Feels about the same. Waze confirms the 3km/hr delta with these bigger sidewalls. But the driving comfort of these tires vs the stock sportcontacts is very noticeable, and I'm very satisfied. Love the stock 20's, hated the 30 series tires.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I'm still on the fence about getting another set of wheels. One reason this is my DD and come winter salt will be everywhere. Dropping 1500, 2000 on wheels and get them destroyed by salt :(
The other option I'm looking at are Nitto Proxes 4 plus in 255 30 20. A few mm extra sidewall, not much but anything is an improvement. They're supposed to be in the same category as RE980 and Pilot sport AS3.
I'm still undecided.:(

I'm only on day 3 with these tires, and it's been nothing but rain here.
Compared to the Toyo Celsius tires I was running on my 18's prior to these, much more confident :)
Compared to the sportcontacts, I know they aren't as grippy and won't be pushing it.

As for feeling slower, no? Feels about the same. Waze confirms the 3km/hr delta with these bigger sidewalls. But the driving comfort of these tires vs the stock sportcontacts is very noticeable, and I'm very satisfied. Love the stock 20's, hated the 30 series tires.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Not an exciting mod but useful? Replaced OEM battery (car has ~2400 miles on it), with one from Advanced Auto. https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...aign=20181210_A_EC_TX_ORDSHP&utm_content=ITEM

Coupon made it ~$160 and don't have too worry about leaks....and the OEM one was already starting to show signs of stuff on the positive terminal bolt. CCA are important here in WI and I have a wired detector, and other items, that this new one will help. OEM battery is way too low on CCA for northern states. New one dropped right in and a perfect fit. Old one felt maybe, a tiny bit lighter, but I hate wet cell batteries.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? upload_2019-10-4_14-34-42

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
There are no provisions for mounting the LED itself with the stock mirror housing. The only parts I changed from the stock mirror assembly is the housing and front trim (both come together with the part numbers I posted), everything else is reused/added to.

This link will give you a better idea...https://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-adding-turn-signal-lights-to-si-ex-side-mirrors.19619/
Thanks.. I guess I wasn’t clear. Is it possible to order & install all the parts you listed minus the mugen mirror? I prefer to install the housing LED only & not the additional LEDs in the mugen mirror.
Thx & sorry for the confusion

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Thanks.. I guess I wasn’t clear. Is it possible to order & install all the parts you listed minus the mugen mirror? I prefer to install the housing LED only & not the additional LEDs in the mugen mirror.
Thx & sorry for the confusion
Yes of course. The Mugen mirrors are the cherry topper. So just about $210 and time do for the conversion. And if you want the Mugen mirrors and not use the integrated signals, just don't plug it in.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An essential mod for your car if it’s a long term keeper imo. 20k miles and still looks good as new when washed. No chips :)

It’s more expensive here in NY. Paid 2400, but at least it gives me some peace of mind from the rock chips

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed Acuity shift cable bushings after letting them sit on the shelf for five months. Shifting definitely feels better than before. Took it out for a drive and hit 1396 odo milestone :). I drive so little with the car so every mile feels like a milestone. ^__^ Cheers!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_1010.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_1011-01