What did you do to your Type R today?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
adjusted my clutch pedal to see if it'll help with some of the crunchiness in 2nd and occasional 4th lock out.
Sponsored

sysjl

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2014 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Got some parts from overland designs.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20190820_070828-01

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20190819_170902-01

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Replaced the shift knob. Stock knob burned me on the first day.

CTR 11.jpg

I LOVE the look of the shifter... I REALLY REALLY want it... but... I do not like that it sits higher than the stock shifter.... I will say this though:

I "tinted" my windshield with 80% Suntek Ceramic tint and I use a Cover Craft Sun Screen and in 95 degree direct Florida sunlight I can grab my stock shifter without burning my hand at all. Yes it is warm... but it is NOT Hot.

Still.... I'd want to feel how this shifter is to the touch as compared to the stock one..

sysjl

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks killer. Hows the reflection on the windshield in the day and night? Any different from stock?
I didn't notice any difference or even knew there was a reflection issue with the stock plastic dash visor.

sysjl

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
nice. my package from overland is suppose to be here tomorrow. Hopefully the quality lives up to my expectations.
You'll definitely like it. My only advice is you really need to make sure that visor is pushed into the dash all the way or it won't clip in properly and the visor will keep popping up. Gotta ram it home and it'll clip in nice and snug.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The fit and finish is a lot better than the SWEIDIT shit that I have...it's so F-ing gross that I don't even want to post a picture. :(
We worked very closely with Overland for months to verify and confirmed material, nap, quality and craftsmanship. We even got the specs from Honda down to the stitching size and shared with Overland and measured against the final product before production to ensure consistency with OEM pieces. We even tested in the sun for days to check for any kind of bubbling and if the adhesive withstand daily high heat use. We are that OCD with quality.

We know what we do and vouch for Overland. We test all products before release and give detailed feedback for a reason - so you don’t have to. This is why Overland partners with us and always open to our feedback and input as real life users.

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
We worked very closely with Overland for months to verify and confirmed material, nap, quality and craftsmanship. We even got the specs from Honda down to the stitching size and shared with Overland and measured against the final product before production to ensure consistency with OEM pieces. We even tested in the sun for days to check for any kind of bubbling and if the adhesive withstand daily high heat use. We are that OCD with quality.

We know what we do and vouch for Overland. We test all products before release and give detailed feedback for a reason - so you don’t have to. This is why Overland partners with us and always open to our feedback and input as real life users.
That’s awesome! Can’t wait to get some Overland products!

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

flipnrr

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r - 2004 S2000
Country flag
Sweet grill !!! Please post pics after you get it installed !!
definite i’ll post pics whenever its done hopefully by next week.

Really nice. I'm in love with it but I can't justify the price over other upgrades, even the chinese knock offs are pricey for what it is.

The J's need to be painted? I thought it came already in glossy black :rolleyes1:

Post some pics of the emblem support and how it is attached also when you got it.
yes it is but i needed some cooling for track and i know there’s a much cheaper alternative but i like the J’s design.

yes it needs to be painted. its gel coated black but its dull and has swirls.

yes i will post before and after pics and the how the emblem mount is attached.
Sponsored