What did you do to your Type R today?

wayoutwest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R-19644
Country flag
Updated my maps. Easy process, took about 30 minutes total including download/flashing time.

EDIT: Also, purchased the US CTR marketing brochure and accessory catalog to have as collectibles since i plan on having the car for 15-20+ years and keeping it low mileage to retain some value. You can find these for around $10-15 on ebay.

Last edited:

CTR198

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, R8 V10 Plus
Country flag
Front lip looks great!
How does the front lip fit?
How's the Quality?
Pros:
Fitment and carbon quality is perfect.

Cons:
Didn't include the double side tape (Even tho it says to use in the instructions)
Uses self tap screws (wish it came with nuts and bolts for better security)

I'm not sure if its worth the money if you are lowered. I'm not sure how long it'll last if you eat a few bumps and driveways.

Last edited:

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Installed @TypeRLEDs interior LEDs. I feel like the map lights LED bulbs are kinda tall, pressing the housing to turn them on may have the possibility of moving around inside, making the connection loose. Had to be sure they sit just right. Time will tell if I need to open the housing again and adjust the bulbs.

Note to purchasers of the trunk light, pry the housing from the left side, closest to the rear passenger seats.

Last edited:

PMM-R22024

First Name
Vannack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM Civic Type R #22024
Country flag
Pros:
Fitment and carbon quality is perfect.

Cons:
Didn't include the double side tape (Even tho it says to use in the instructions)
Uses self tap screws (wish it came with nuts and bolts for better security)

I'm not sure if its worth the money if you are lowered. I'm not sure how long it'll last if you eat a few bumps and driveways.
Thanks for the feedback. This helps

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
For something that's already costing an arm and leg (for a highly reputable brand name like Varis), I don't understand the reasoning behind not providing the complete assembly and parts.

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
didn't do it today but did it over the weekend added the winter set up though I will probably wait a while before getting the summer set up since I want to focus on other parts besides wheels at the moment... all in all I am happy with the way she looks and the added protection to ending up with a bent wheel.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? collage2

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
New wheels and tires. Enkei Kojin (18x8+32) with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (235/45)

IMAG1191.jpg
Thank you so much for posting this right now. Been going back and forth on wheels and these are in the running. How is the caliper clearance?

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I have Enkei Tuning Raijin 18x8.5 +35 (245/40 tires) for my winter wheels and the change in geometry was enough to introduce minor torque steer and cause the front end to "dance" on uneven/grooved pavement. I have a feeling that 18x8 +32 (235/45) would perform somewhat the same way. Are you experiencing that @lorenkb ?

EckotypeR

R - 22032
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
added the under hood fender liners as they came in. i have the center speaker upgrade as well as acuity shifter upgrades, but haven't had time to do these yet. also got a deal on the black chrome C I V I C rear emblem, and swapped that out yesterday.
Sponsored