Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Today....
PROS:
- Installed Mishimoto Air Intake. Sounds so good !
- Switched out Honda OEM Trans. fluid with Amsoil Synchromesh. Shifting is much smoother now. Not completely sold until it gets colder here, but so far so good.
CONS:
- a little worried about how that hose rubs on the left side of the Mishi box. I did everything with what they gave me in order to move it over, but it wasn't enough. I'll keep an eye on wear and adjust if needed.
- the Spoon Magnetic Transmission Drain Bolt I bought is too small for our drain hole. Part # ALL-90009-002. The websites call it "universal" for Hondas and Acuras. Apparently not. Buyers beware.
Sponsored

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just finished installing JDM yellow fog lights. The fog lights can only go in one way, so don't worry that you dont know which light goes on which side of the car. But....they do try to confuse you.... the stock driver's side light has a "B" on the back, and the stock passenger side has an "A" but on the NEW yellow lights, the letters are reversed for some GD reason; driver's side yellow light is an "A" and passenger side is a "B." Also, it is difficult to get cover off. Forget using your fingers thru those vents. Get yourself a trim removal tool set. Use the skinniest one to slightly/gently pry that top right corner on driver's side, which allows you to get a slightly bigger removal tool in there, and gently pry along the top and on that right side and bingo it pops out enough that you can grab it and gently pull the rest of it off enough to get to that push fastener to remove it. I took the whole piece off in order to have enough room to secure the dangling wires with zipties. Also gives you more room to unscrew those 2 small screws without stripping the heads. Repeat on passenger side. AND THAT'S IT! lol see piece of cake whew!

Deleted member 25522

flipnrr

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r - 2004 S2000
Country flag
Nice spot ! I'm guessing the mounting bracket goes into the dash between pieces of trim and secures at a couple screw holes ?
no screws just a standard t-mount i bought from Amazon and used gorilla mounting tape. been using that to mount stuff in cars and so far its been holding up pretty well in the Florida heat. but i always have sunshade though.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I finally said heck with it and hacked the head unit.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20190223_183530
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20190223_184131
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20190223_183950
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20190223_185006

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20190223_190803
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20190223_190144

Waze, google maps, Netflix, games and option to hide all before going to dealer. So far im loving it.