kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
Nice! Is the hood black alcantara? It looks closer to grey. Maybe it’s just the angle of the picture?
I would like to get the same pieces done but only if it matches our armrest alcantara
it's most likely the lighting in the pic. It's black alcantara, I want to do this to my interior but the red stitching is a little darker then the oem ones. I'm way too OCD
Sponsored

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Tonight I "installed" the black lug nuts and the half-black/half-bare metal lock nuts, that i sprayed twice with primer then 3 coats of black epoxy spray. As soon as I put the key on the lock nut to tighten it, the part i had spent all that time taping off, spraying, letting dry for a day... flaked all off, back to bare metal UGHHHHH I have no clue why they didn't just powder coat the entire lugnut.
And yes, I scuffed it up with sandpaper before spraying...

wayoutwest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R-19644
Country flag
Interested in the oem jdm led.. where did u get them?
Thx in advance
Rakuten global market. The map lights are 1 SKU and the dome and rear cargo are another SKU. You need 2 of each. They were stupid expensive for what they were, but I'm pretty set on getting OEM parts whenever possible. The set of 4 was $140 shipped.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
signed up to do beta testing and review of soon to be released hybrid-racing full short shifter kit, first one on market for the fk8 ctr...and it's going to be badass ;-)

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
partnered up with spoon sports usa to do some r&d work and testing of some cool stuff coming out...

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rakuten global market. The map lights are 1 SKU and the dome and rear cargo are another SKU. You need 2 of each. They were stupid expensive for what they were, but I'm pretty set on getting OEM parts whenever possible. The set of 4 was $140 shipped.
I was feeling the same on OEM interior LEDs, then the price scared me away lol

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Civic Type R, 2006 Toyota Corolla S
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You guys listen to music in your TypeRs...hmmm. Haven't thought of that. LOL
I do when I'm just cruising on the interstate. If I'm driving for fun, I'll typically leave the music off.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tonight I "installed" the black lug nuts and the half-black/half-bare metal lock nuts, that i sprayed twice with primer then 3 coats of black epoxy spray. As soon as I put the key on the lock nut to tighten it, the part i had spent all that time taping off, spraying, letting dry for a day... flaked all off, back to bare metal UGHHHHH I have no clue why they didn't just powder coat the entire lugnut.
And yes, I scuffed it up with sandpaper before spraying...
why? just get black lug nuts ($2 each) and ball to conical adapters ($1 each) from motorsports hardware. what i did with my nsx wheels since honda wheels come only with ball seats.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_8862.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_8863.JPG

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
why? just get black lug nuts ($2 each) and ball to conical adapters ($1 each) from motorsports hardware. what i did with my nsx wheels since honda wheels come only with ball seats.

IMG_8862.JPG

IMG_8863.JPG
It was the lock nuts that only come half painted.
But ur idea definitely would've been cheaper

Onimusha

Oni R
First Name
Nevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R, 2018 Honda Clarity, 1988 Prelude Si
Country flag

PAX CTR

Just another CW CTR
First Name
Pax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '02 EP3, '89 EF7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the exhaust sounded better, that wud be all the "radio" id need.
I think the stock exhaust sounds sufficient and I enjoy it. I'm curious to know about the guys who have over 5K miles, if they noticed any change in sound from 0 miles. Does the sounds get louder? I'm only assuming most people get an aftermarket exhaust to sound louder or reduce weight.

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I think the stock exhaust sounds sufficient and I enjoy it. I'm curious to know about the guys who have over 5K miles, if they noticed any change in sound from 0 miles. Does the sounds get louder? I'm only assuming most people get an aftermarket exhaust to sound louder or reduce weight.
I'm at 32,000 now and yes I can confirm it does get a tiny bit louder over time.... but still, imo it's too light on sound, too passive, too refined, too civilized lol
Installing mishi intake as we speak, hoping that will add some fun turbo and recirculating sounds.
Still undecided as to exhaust setup. So difficult picking one just based on how my laptop's speakers make em sound in the vids. Really gotta experience em in person to know for sure

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Finally got Hondata and the PRL intake. Feeling nice!

The intake really makes the 'ole Nagasaki noisy boy louder.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_9632.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_9635.JPG